Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

57 minutes ago, cbg said:

Someone spoke about Day being the strength coach for Cummings.  My question is does any school have a coordinated strength & conditioning program for “ALL” of the athletic programs at a school?  Example; this person would be responsible for not only football but also cross country, softball, women's basketball, baseball, wrestling, etc… and all sports were required to workout with this strength and conditioning coach.

South Doyle did back around 2014ish. Had a female S&C coach with Olympic ties. Who worked with all of the athletes. Don't think she is there any longer, however. 

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but bad words will kill me is this new generations moto. Give me a break I held the toolbox and handed my dad what ever he needed when fixing the car when I was little so coach speak rolled off my back like water on a duck.

congrats. I understand coach talk but this wasnt coach talk. when it gets out what was said SOME of you will be understand. the others will probably ok it do to who you are. 

32 minutes ago, cbg said:

Someone spoke about Day being the strength coach for Cummings.  My question is does any school have a coordinated strength & conditioning program for “ALL” of the athletic programs at a school?  Example; this person would be responsible for not only football but also cross country, softball, women's basketball, baseball, wrestling, etc… and all sports were required to workout with this strength and conditioning coach.

Day is a great coach. His experience is top notch. 

12 minutes ago, justheretocauseproblems said:

Day is a great coach. His experience is top notch. 

I truly understand that Day is very good!  The question was does any school have a fully coordinated strength & conditioning coach that is not only responsible for all of the athletic programs but “ALL OF THE STUDENT ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED” to participate in the program?  

53 minutes ago, cbg said:

I truly understand that Day is very good!  The question was does any school have a fully coordinated strength & conditioning coach that is not only responsible for all of the athletic programs but “ALL OF THE STUDENT ATHLETES ARE REQUIRED” to participate in the program?  

I don't know anything about OR or any of the coaches, but there are several schools that have a strength coach who teaches weights to every athlete in the school. Certified strength coaches are hard to find. The old school way of just having a football coach do it. We at Mount Juliet have one of the best in the business! Liberty Creek new school in sumner co also has a coach who works with the athletes daily. Along with almost all competitive privates. From my talks with admin members it's possible for every school. The administration just has to be on board! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GaryGaines said:

I don't know anything about OR or any of the coaches, but there are several schools that have a strength coach who teaches weights to every athlete in the school. Certified strength coaches are hard to find. The old school way of just having a football coach do it. We at Mount Juliet have one of the best in the business! Liberty Creek new school in sumner co also has a coach who works with the athletes daily. Along with almost all competitive privates. From my talks with admin members it's possible for every school. The administration just has to be on board! 

What I have seen is that most schools have a football strength coach but very few schools (even the private schools) have someone that is in charge of strength & conditioning for all sports and each and every student athlete is required to workout.  With so much emphasis being placed on football and basketball I see very few kids that are true multi sport athletes.  Brentwood Academy when Carlton Flatt was running the show is the last school that I am aware of that had most of the football truly participating in 3 sports.  

On 12/18/2022 at 10:52 AM, 1OldPatriot said:

Please tell me you are not equating Sevier Co to Oak Ridge.

How in the blue heck did you come up with that?? Several times I have used facts to prove you wrong and expose you as an idiot. Several times the Maryville fans have used facts to prove you are a liar and expose you as an idiot. Why are you still posting? Do you enjoy being exposed as an idiot? I know Wilma would be embarrassed by you if she knew what mindless drivel you post on the internet for everyone to see. 

2 hours ago, justheretocauseproblems said:

congrats. I understand coach talk but this wasnt coach talk. when it gets out what was said SOME of you will be understand. the others will probably ok it do to who you are. 

You're anonymous anyway.  You could tell us now if you wanted.  instead you've got this ruse and I'm not sure why.

On 12/17/2022 at 12:50 PM, ORWildcats1 said:

Rankin applied for the job twice but Mullins and the powers that be didn't hire him. Which was a huge mistake.

But there's a whole lot more to this situation than it seems. Cummings did some things bad and the administration did the right thing from what I heard. But he going to be allowed to keep his job as a teacher for the time being anyway.

You referring to the Captain D’s incident?

Saw it on Twitter…

1 hour ago, ForTheRidge said:

What incident?

I just made it up. I bet folks are all over Twitter trying to find it. That’s how easy it is for things to get blown out of proportion. The Admin and CSC know the real reason for what has occurred. CSC took them the qtrs after a horrendous season the year before. Someone will take this job but most good coaches will have some serious questions to ask before taking on this job.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic