Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

Come on, Double S. Stop making sense and ruining others fantasies.  

If you’re referring to me, I’m not on any side. I just think all we have right now is speculation based on bits and pieces. When I say it will come out eventually, I just mean the facts…whatever those may be. 

45 minutes ago, ForTheRidge said:

If you’re referring to me, I’m not on any side. I just think all we have right now is speculation based on bits and pieces. When I say it will come out eventually, I just mean the facts…whatever those may be. 

I wasn't referring to you or anybody in particular. 

Just seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth wanting to hear that Scott did something dastardly.  

If that were the case, he wouldn't still be teaching in the system. 

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, it really doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what the deal was. 

Just what is the deal?  Many people on here seem to know what the deal is but nobody gives any facts. I have no clue what happened. I don't even understand what Coach Cummings was trying to say in his statement on his leaving the position of head coach. I wonder if I am the only one who doesn't get it.

I know Coach Cummings still  currently being a teacher can lead people to believe he must not have done anything too serious or did nothing at all. To me it just means it is harder to take a teaching job away than it is coaching position.

Right now people are looking at the Oak Ridge situation and fearing doom is ahead. To me OR is in a special situation where they have two State Championship football coaches on the teaching staff. 

I doubt Coch Cummings will be teaching at OR for long. My guess is he is applying for jobs right now.

HTV! Have you heard any news about Coach Cummings next coaching job?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Especially the Cummings family. Christmas in not the time of year you want to be without a job. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Just what is the deal?  Many people on here seem to know what the deal is but nobody gives any facts. I have no clue what happened. I don't even understand what Coach Cummings was trying to say in his statement on his leaving the position of head coach. I wonder if I am the only one who doesn't get it.

I know Coach Cummings still  currently being a teacher can lead people to believe he must not have done anything too serious or did nothing at all. To me it just means it is harder to take a teaching job away than it is coaching position.

Right now people are looking at the Oak Ridge situation and fearing doom is ahead. To me OR is in a special situation where they have two State Championship football coaches on the teaching staff. 

I doubt Coch Cummings will be teaching at OR for long. My guess is he is applying for jobs right now.

HTV! Have you heard any news about Coach Cummings next coaching job?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Especially the Cummings family. Christmas in not the time of year you want to be without a job. 

I should’ve said I have a “hunch” what happened. I have heard a few separate sides of the story, both of which come from very reliable sources. 

Edited by SweetScience

I was told to go back and think about what player or players parents may have been mad about their kid not getting playing time and you will figure out what parents started all this.Anybody close enough to the program also knows Joe wasnt crazy about Scott from the jump.Never heard a reason but just know he wanted someone else.Maybe Joe wanted his staff and Miner to get the job.Maybe he has a past with Scott.Ive never heard a real reason why he didnt like him.Also anybody that was close enough to the bench the last game of season got to witness tempers flaring on sideline with Ast coach and player.Plus some of the parents who complain every week was showing their backside even more knowing it was last game.Until someone shows me any reason to believe otherwise I think it all comes down to Scott wasnt friendly enough,used vulgar language and Joe and admin jumped all over anything they could to get what they wanted anyway.I just hope somehow all sides can come out better because it would be a shame to let a few people ruin it for so many.

• Like 1

• CoachT locked this topic