Scott Cummings has resigned at Oak Ridge

HTV

42 minutes ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I was told to go back and think about what player or players parents may have been mad about their kid not getting playing time and you will figure out what parents started all this.Anybody close enough to the program also knows Joe wasnt crazy about Scott from the jump.Never heard a reason but just know he wanted someone else.Maybe Joe wanted his staff and Miner to get the job.Maybe he has a past with Scott.Ive never heard a real reason why he didnt like him.Also anybody that was close enough to the bench the last game of season got to witness tempers flaring on sideline with Ast coach and player.Plus some of the parents who complain every week was showing their backside even more knowing it was last game.Until someone shows me any reason to believe otherwise I think it all comes down to Scott wasnt friendly enough,used vulgar language and Joe and admin jumped all over anything they could to get what they wanted anyway.I just hope somehow all sides can come out better because it would be a shame to let a few people ruin it for so many.

I am sure that to be a successful HC in high school you have to have people on your side to back you up, especially assistant coaches. I have heard that some of his assistant coaches didn't really back him up when it came time he needed someone to back him up.

4 hours ago, OR nole said:

It's Christmas. Football can wait a little while longer.

Well... unless there's a good bowl game on.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Football can wait until after Christmas and so can Oak Ridge Boys and Girls Basketball.

BUT...starting Dec, 27 and Dec. 28 the two teams take to the courts again. Let's set their threads on fire like this one is.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, SweetScience said:

They’re about extinct anymore, though. There’s only a few left in the Knoxville area. They used to be great, but management has really faltered the past 15+ years.

Yeah, I was a big fan of LJS back in the day but they dug their own grave with bad management all the way up to the corporate level.

In a related note, I’m sure Oak Ridge will find the right guy and land on their feet. But this whole situation is odd, if CSC is going to be allowed to continue to teach then obviously nothing illegal or “immoral” occurred and that of course points back to what many of y’all have said that either parents and or administration just didn’t like him or his style of coaching. I personally don’t know him but I do know folks in Cleveland did not like him as a person or as a coach but what he did this past season at OR especially with all the injuries they had was impressive and will be a hard act to follow.

Edited by RCfan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RCfan said:

Yeah, I was a big fan of LJS back in the day but they dug their own grave with bad management all the way up to the corporate level.

In a related note, I’m sure Oak Ridge will find the right guy and land on their feet. But this whole situation is odd, if CSC is going to be allowed to continue to teach then obviously nothing illegal or “immoral” occurred and that of course points back to what many of y’all have said that either parents and or administration just didn’t like him or his style of coaching. I personally don’t know him but I do know folks in Cleveland did not like him as a person or as a coach but what he did this past season at OR especially with all the injuries they had was impressive and will be a hard act to follow.

Good post.

WtW Seal of Approval

...it was a great post. The part about giving it my approval is a reference to something Sweet Science said. I hope people don't think of me that way. People probably do but I know I am just a goof down deep. 

I had a thought. No, it wasn't my usually thought of Beer and Big Ed's.

Coach Gaddis has coached at several high schools that encompass four southern states. In the travels he might have been impressed by several coaches at each stop.

At first I thought the Coach would be from Middle or Eastern Tennessee. Now, I think the Coach could come from Mississippi, Alabama, North Caroline or Tennessee. Shoot, they guy or gal could be in California.

There is one major problem to my theory. Coach Gaddis is probably not going to pick the new coach on his own. It will probably be a committee.

2 minutes ago, bounder said:

Oh Well let's move on and find a coach with 20 years of winning championships , that can earn and keep the respect of  the players and be young enough to relate to them! You know about 35 years old! Oh Yeah and get and keep the "fans" behind him.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Sounds like you have somebody in mind. Care to share or should I say dare to share :-D

• CoachT locked this topic