Who should or could be the next football coach at Oak Ridge?

bounder

1 minute ago, bounder said:

Look Guys it's a privacy issue on one side and a policy issue on the other. I didn't think I would have to say this but if you were relieved of your job duties at work would you want the whole world knowing the details?  I think not, let it go if someone wants to give specifics at a later date so be it. Quit asking you ain't gonna get a answer. PaPa Bounder has spoken!

That being said.  I'm going on a 2 week cruise today so you all will have to help find a new coach. Get R Done!

WILDCAT PRIDE

now this I don't agree with.  It's a public school and it's public record.  if it was something worth making public, they'd likely have to share.  I honestly believe there's no good reason, and I am not gonna sit by and like it's okay to defend it. SweetScience and I were on the same page, and here you come in acting like they had cause.  If they had anything worth talking about they'd have shared it.  We can move on.  I'm fine with that, but don't defend this silliness.

11 hours ago, chs1984 said:

Bingo. Me and a gentleman from Georgia had a spirited debate about this a year ago. He stated that he had rather be a HC at “Ten-Buck-Two” than a coordinator elsewhere. I disagreed, saying if the money was close I had soon be a coordinator. What people who haven’t been in the business don’t realize is as a HC you spend 20% of your time on football and 80% of your time on other junk. This is especially true at larger schools. You are responsible for every single detail, every single week. It gets old in a hurry. 

Yep. I have had that ery discussion with a couple of guys who made those moves.  

1 hour ago, Booger said:

young men like that dont get near enough recognition

Booger just sayin :thumb:

Yep. Having a son who is a West Point grad I know what kind of young person it takes to make that commitment. 

I'll pull for Hundley every game but one.  

32 minutes ago, FootballDavis said:

totally rumor, but heard that Drew Akins, Jeff Harig, Steve Mathews, and a coach from North Carolina have put in for the OR job? I would think they would look up the road at Coach Witten?

They’d be crazy not to. Apparently he (Witten) has applied for the job, but it isn’t the first time he has put in for other jobs.

On 1/21/2023 at 10:08 PM, SweetScience said:

They’d be crazy not to. Apparently he (Witten) has applied for the job, but it isn’t the first time he has put in for other jobs.

I like the idea of Coach Witten.

Also, just saw Coach Edmiston of Greenback resigned for more family time. Would he be interested in Oak Ridge or OR  in him?