Blackman

MidTennFootball

12 minutes ago, mat73557 said:

The Blackman school zone is small to begin with and there is a ton of commercial real estate in the Blackman zone.  So not much available housing compared to Oakland, Riverdale or Rockvale.  

ADuNCHB.jpg

I imagine when the next HS is built, they're gonna have to move some of that Rockvale zone back to Blackman, probably should before even a new one is built at the rate Rockvale is growing

33 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

No doubt they've benefited from transfers. Way I see it, just karma correcting itself after losing so much talent to the Nashville privates over the years. That said, you can't run the ball if you can't block and most of Oakland's linemen have been homegrown, as well as their defense. Not sure Collins transferring made a great difference, Sparks never quite felt like a good fit for either side. Blows my mind that Hewitt wasn't even getting snaps at Riverdale at QB for the most part. Antonio Patterson was a homegrown, could argue that Oakland didn't even need Jordan James to win state in 2020 ( maybe 2021 as well)

In the last 5 years, Blackman has had more talent transfer in than Oakland, but has had their struggles. Talent gets you to the playoffs, but your gonna get exposed if that's all you rely on.  The results of Oakland's feeder programs speak for themselves. In a perfect world, everybody plays all 4 years at the school they started at, but that's not always gonna be the case, especially when your in a popular place to live like Rutherford and Williamson are

not knocking what coach creasey is doing at all. Just stating the facts. Any school in Ruco , he would succeed. Because he is a heck of a coach and he brings in players.

i have been on the board at smyrna youth and been there over 25 years. Oakland youth has only been around 7-8 years. they have been in 4 different leagues. the first director stole all the $. the new group are great guys, but the new director sent his own son transferring to riverdale. They are 1/4 the size of Blackman and 1/2 the size of smyrna. That program is dysfunctional in general and coach has to go after kids from other programs. He gets them in 6th 7th grade. 

4 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

not knocking what coach creasey is doing at all. Just stating the facts. Any school in Ruco , he would succeed. Because he is a heck of a coach and he brings in players.

i have been on the board at smyrna youth and been there over 25 years. Oakland youth has only been around 7-8 years. they have been in 4 different leagues. the first director stole all the $. the new group are great guys, but the new director sent his own son transferring to riverdale. They are 1/4 the size of Blackman and 1/2 the size of smyrna. That program is dysfunctional in general and coach has to go after kids from other programs. He gets them in 6th 7th grade. 

I should have clarified I was talking about from MS to Varsity, I'm not really in the know about youth football. I agree Creasy would win a title at just about anywhere in RuCo, or at least the ones he would apply to. 

Since we're already way off topic anyways, how is Smyrna looking next season?

13 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I should have clarified I was talking about from MS to Varsity, I'm not really in the know about youth football. I agree Creasy would win a title at just about anywhere in RuCo, or at least the ones he would apply to. 

Since we're already way off topic anyways, how is Smyrna looking next season?

yessir i agree! Depending on what Cane Ridge does , their coach is in the running for the Blackman job, we should win the region or contend. 

3 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

yessir i agree! Depending on what Cane Ridge does , their coach is in the running for the Blackman job, we should win the region or contend. 

So same as every other year. I think Woods is a good coach, but would be a bad fit at Blackman, IMO. If they are wanting to continue what Tygard started, Crouch is the best choice for them 

33 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

So same as every other year. I think Woods is a good coach, but would be a bad fit at Blackman, IMO. If they are wanting to continue what Tygard started, Crouch is the best choice for them 

I don’t know much about Eddie personally. I love Crouch as a former Dawg, I like Gentry at Lebanon, and Stewart at East Nashville 

2 minutes ago, DawgsPBS said:

I don’t know much about Eddie personally. I love Crouch as a former Dawg, I like Gentry at Lebanon, and Stewart at East Nashville 

Any of those 3 are good fits, I think. Gentry seems to pretty comfortable at Lebanon and don't blame Stewart, for showing interest but he's got things rolling at EN, it'll take a really good job to get him to leave 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

No doubt they've benefited from transfers. Way I see it, just karma correcting itself after losing so much talent to the Nashville privates over the years. That said, you can't run the ball if you can't block and most of Oakland's linemen have been homegrown, as well as their defense. Not sure Collins transferring made a great difference, Sparks never quite felt like a good fit for either side. Blows my mind that Hewitt wasn't even getting snaps at Riverdale at QB for the most part. Antonio Patterson was a homegrown, could argue that Oakland didn't even need Jordan James to win state in 2020 ( maybe 2021 as well)

In the last 5 years, Blackman has had more talent transfer in than Oakland, but has had their struggles. Talent gets you to the playoffs, but your gonna get exposed if that's all you rely on.  The results of Oakland's feeder programs speak for themselves. In a perfect world, everybody plays all 4 years at the school they started at, but that's not always gonna be the case, especially when your in a popular place to live like Rutherford and Williamson are

This is what Creasy doesn't get enough credit for. They've obviously had a lot of talented players transfer in, but it takes a lot more than talented players to win a championship, let alone multiple championships at this level. The line of scrimmage is where Oakland usually has a significant advantage over every team they play. Creasy is a genius at using multiple formations, shifts, trades, etc to create mismatches & number advantages. He doesn't get enough credit for the feeder system he's put in place. What has been built there is a result of a lot more than just having some talented players transfer in.

24 minutes ago, GoPats2019 said:

Don't be surprised if the next high school in the Almaville Road area near the Williamson Co line... help overcrowding at Blackman, Rockvale & Stewarts Creek. 

Last I heard was a few years ago that they were planning to build another by 2026, but haven't heard much of anything about it