State Dual predictions (not about Cole Dyer)

Mitch24

3 hours ago, LocalHero said:

Well with that logic there will be a couple of teams much better. Summit isn’t losing much either and DB has some stud underclassmen. 

I expect those teams will be better (especially DB) but my post was in response to a post saying SD would compete with Baylor and Cleveland next year.  I don’t think that is likely. 

4 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

I expect those teams will be better (especially DB) but my post was in response to a post saying SD would compete with Baylor and Cleveland next year.  I don’t think that is likely. 

I’m sure DB has something up their sleeve to replace the kids they are losing. I know they’ve got lil Watkins coming up and probably a few more. But they lose 5 in the lineup that’s always pretty tough. But they have some stud underclassman. Titus impressed me this past weekend. 

6 minutes ago, PackMentality said:

Yeah I have to disagree with that as well. No way do I see Soddy competing with Cleveland. Maybe a state title with Halls moving up and Signal losing one of the Uhorchuk studs. I was just reading through and saw everyone jumping on the “Cleveland will be way better next year bandwagon” like darn how much better can they get lol 

28 minutes ago, desselle said:

I’m sure DB has something up their sleeve to replace the kids they are losing. I know they’ve got lil Watkins coming up and probably a few more. But they lose 5 in the lineup that’s always pretty tough. But they have some stud underclassman. Titus impressed me this past weekend. 

Agreed … and Summit has hammers coming back.  There will be plenty of competition.

30 minutes ago, LocalHero said:

Yeah I have to disagree with that as well. No way do I see Soddy competing with Cleveland. Maybe a state title with Halls moving up and Signal losing one of the Uhorchuk studs. I was just reading through and saw everyone jumping on the “Cleveland will be way better next year bandwagon” like darn how much better can they get lol 

I think that’s the point.  Cleveland won it all this year with only 2 seniors … one of which is wrestling up 2 weight classes.  Most teams have to fill more holes and don’t start from as good a foundation.  Things can happen but I definitely think Cleveland will be more of a favorite next year than they were this year.  That’s all I see folks saying.  Frankly, I don’t see that as controversial. I think Bradley loses around 9 starters (including the 3 hammers).  That’s hard to imagine.

39 minutes ago, desselle said:

Losing Armstrong 132-Mullins 145-Burke 180. Who’s the other 2? People will be moving up and moving in. DB looks like they’re going to be here to stay for a little bit. They have a pipeline coming in from the old Hammer club now TNWA. Mostly all the same kids with some new faces. 

1 minute ago, PackMentality said:

I think that’s the point.  Cleveland won it all this year with only 2 seniors … one of which is wrestling up 2 weight classes.  Most teams have to fill more holes and don’t start from as good a foundation.  Things can happen but I definitely think Cleveland will be more of a favorite next year than they were this year.  That’s all I see folks saying.  Frankly, I don’t see that as controversial. I think Bradley loses around 9 starters (including the 3 hammers).  That’s hard to imagine.

Completely agree. I think DB has some kids coming in though. Going to be interesting between Cleveland, DB, and Summit next few years 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LocalHero said:

Losing Armstrong 132-Mullins 145-Burke 180. Who’s the other 2? People will be moving up and moving in. DB looks like they’re going to be here to stay for a little bit. They have a pipeline coming in from the old Hammer club now TNWA. Mostly all the same kids with some new faces. 

Tucker at 138 and Zhang at 152. That’s 4 in the heart of the line up

1 hour ago, LocalHero said:

Completely agree. I think DB has some kids coming in though. Going to be interesting between Cleveland, DB, and Summit next few years 

Totally agree, once programs turn the corner towards excellence people do arrive, besides the ones you develop. If a family with wrestlers from Pennsylvania moves to the Tri Cities and can live anywhere in the Tri Cities, they will chose DB

Edited by noonesfool

3 hours ago, LocalHero said:

Mr Jacobs is awful defensive lately. Your kid is good…. DB has improved….. welcome to the HS wrestling chat…. but it’s a bad look.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

Mr Jacobs is awful defensive lately. Your kid is good…. DB has improved….. welcome to the HS wrestling chat…. but it’s a bad look.

At least spell the name right dick. It would be awfully too…just saying. And just out of curiosity, what makes you think you know that you know who I am lmao