State Dual predictions (not about Cole Dyer)

Mitch24

6 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

You’re not good at hiding it….. it’s cool though…. we know how you feel.

Good luck to your kid and program. Mason is a stud.

#1 I never tried to hide anything. 
#2 The same Dick wants to get on my posts and comment talking #### and I’m not going to sit back and say nothing. 
#3 Maybe it was the “I’m as plugged in as you can get” comment when someone wanted to make a smart comment about me contributing to wrestling in this state lmao 
#4 I’ve praised Cleveland time and time again. Nothing but respect for those kids and coaches. Great program!!!! I was very close to moving there, but it just didn’t happen.

21 minutes ago, Rasslinking said:

You’re not good at hiding it….. it’s cool though…. we know how you feel.

Good luck to your kid and program. Mason is a stud.

I’m sure Mason would love to know who is praising him. Also, you know how I feel? That I support my kid or the team he is on and want to see them win? Yep, that’s exactly how I feel. 

On 2/6/2023 at 5:04 PM, Bump11 said:

Haha I literally flipped a coin on them. Halls was my initial pick, should've stuck with it. I didnt post it but i also picked Boyd to beat Lakeway. Did not pick Cleveland girls though. Took Rossview.

Thx for picking Boyd. I wish you had told me before the match. Maybe I would have had more confidence, I wasn't even sure we could beat them ,lol. 

26 minutes ago, YOUTHCOACH16 said:

Thx for picking Boyd. I wish you had told me before the match. Maybe I would have had more confidence, I wasn't even sure we could beat them ,lol. 

Lakeway is more of a traditional tournament team because they have a few guys that can rack up tournament points, but I thought Boyd had a better dual team and was more well balanced. 

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Congratulations Coach16, I was a doubter.

I appreciate it. We had some kids with very little wrestling experience step up big time. We had to get very creative with our lineup / weight to get favorable matchups. Even then we knew it would probably come down to the coin toss to even have a chance. Luckily they had new guys in those weights as well and we were able to get two final overtime victories. Lakeway won a match we had pinned them the week before and narrowed another down from a pin to a last second decision so they gained points there big time. It was a barnburner for sure. 

Edited by YOUTHCOACH16

1 hour ago, YOUTHCOACH16 said:

I appreciate it. We had some kids with very little wrestling experience step up big time. We had to get very creative with our lineup / weight to get favorable matchups. Even then we knew it would probably come down to the coin toss to even have a chance. Luckily they had new guys in those weights as well and we were able to get two final overtime victories. Lakeway won a match we had pinned them the week before and narrowed another down from a pin to a last second decision so they gained points there big time. It was a barnburner for sure. 

I believe in team scoring (a course) but a jr. high coach almost 60 years ago preached negative team scoring, not getting pin or today not getting majored or teched. If your getting teched, work to keep it a major. A lost art today when you see all the pins. Great job going old school with your young grapplers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YOUTHCOACH16 said:

You guys did a great job. I was impressed. 

21 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I believe in team scoring (a course) but a jr. high coach almost 60 years ago preached negative team scoring, not getting pin or today not getting majored or teched. If your getting teched, work to keep it a major. A lost art today when you see all the pins. Great job going old school with your young grapplers.

its like kids have all lost any idea of situational awareness, state duals I wrestled a kid that was so much better than I was. I just kept shooting shots and hanging on for dear life. When on bottom made sure I didnt get turned and at the end of the day a kid that prob should have majored me ended up beating me 3-2. We ended up tied that dual and sadly we lost on criteria many moons ago because out team got pinned 1 time more. Listened to a dad the other night, told his son, give up the tech, give up a major, but DO NOT get pinned, he went out and got pinned.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

its like kids have all lost any idea of situational awareness, state duals I wrestled a kid that was so much better than I was. I just kept shooting shots and hanging on for dear life. When on bottom made sure I didnt get turned and at the end of the day a kid that prob should have majored me ended up beating me 3-2. We ended up tied that dual and sadly we lost on criteria many moons ago because out team got pinned 1 time more. Listened to a dad the other night, told his son, give up the tech, give up a major, but DO NOT get pinned, he went out and got pinned.

Good stuff

16 hours ago, cobrakid8 said:

All true!  I have said it before and will continue to say that the good kids today are better than the good kids 30+ years ago.  Now the question becomes would the good kids 30+ years ago been much better if they had been provided with the strength training programs, nutrition and video techniques that kids today have and I say yes.  The problem today is that the average and bad kids are horrible and do not wrestle under control.  They see the good kids scrambling and they try it in a match and get pinned.  Why not drill the technique 1000+ times in practice before matches.