Haywood 2023

stacmot

4 hours ago, stacmot said:

"It was too much violence and nonsense going on," Walker said of why he wanted to leave Brownsville. "I was losing too many people and it was a toxic space for me."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/08/04/tennessee-high-school-football-cordero-walker-transfer-germantown-tssaa/70532708007/

I really can’t blame Mr. Walker.

I’ve always been a Haywood football fan, and I think my previous posts substantiate that.  True, the Tomcats have never won a state championship, but they have had a proud and glorious past.

However, the events that took place last February, the lack of discipline, and the lack of community support have finally taken their toll.  For the first time since I was a child, I’m not excited about the beginning of the high school football season.

That said, I would like to wish the Cats the best of luck during the 2024 season.

Chargerfan, it sounds like Covington will have another good season.  I wish the Chargers the best of luck as well.

I'm  wishing everyone a safe and injury-free season.

I understand your point of view, Stacmot, but when the first kickoff goes up in the air on Aug. 18, I know that you are gonna be interested. I'll be pulling for y'all especially since we are in different classifications and we don't play each other. You know that I only have to walk out my back door and head East about 100 yards before I am on the Haywood portion of our farm. We are very close neighbors. 

I love high school football and hate to see any outside influences mess it up. It's a pure sport - no instant replays of official's calls, no beer commercial timeouts. etc. The refs make the calls and they stand, regardless of how much we fans and our coaches fuss and complain. The games are played in about 2 hours, and it's pure football. A lot of these players will play their last football their senior year, and will never suit up again in their lives. It's a community sport. For goodness sake, don't let them mess it up for you.   

Thanks for your well-wishes for my Chargers. I'm excited to watch the Purple and Gold tee it up again. It's been 64 years since I enrolled at the old Byars-Hall High in Covington and first pulled for the football Wildcats, who also wore those colors. I made the transition to being a Covington fan when they combined and formed Covington High. I got to keep the Purple and Gold colors too.

GO TOMCATS!

GO CHARGERS!

8 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

The QB been gone all summer and it’s just now getting out in West TN? 

No. I'm not connected to Haywood at all but heard that he transferred out weeks ago. Don't know why it wasn't talked up more, especially as good as the Tomcats have been lately and the caliber of player that Walker is.

I wish I could say everything I’m really feeling and wanting to say but I won’t. I will say this. Walker has practically been non existent ever since Smith and Rebstock announced they were moving on to Bartlett. I personally think he has gotten some bad advice and I’m not gonna speculate on where he got it from. Knowing what I know  I laughed when I read the commercial appeal article.

• Upvote 1

On 8/5/2023 at 9:53 AM, stacmot said:

"It was too much violence and nonsense going on," Walker said of why he wanted to leave Brownsville. "I was losing too many people and it was a toxic space for me."

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/08/04/tennessee-high-school-football-cordero-walker-transfer-germantown-tssaa/70532708007/

I really can’t blame Mr. Walker.

I’ve always been a Haywood football fan, and I think my previous posts substantiate that.  True, the Tomcats have never won a state championship, but they have had a proud and glorious past.

However, the events that took place last February, the lack of discipline, and the lack of community support have finally taken their toll.  For the first time since I was a child, I’m not excited about the beginning of the high school football season.

That said, I would like to wish the Cats the best of luck during the 2024 season.

Chargerfan, it sounds like Covington will have another good season.  I wish the Chargers the best of luck as well.

I'm  wishing everyone a safe and injury-free season.

Sad. A small dose of reality for the world we live in today. Wish you the best @stacmot