Anderson Co. 2023

FB123OL

6 minutes ago, bendover13 said:

BenDover,  it's where you keep spewing it out like nobody's business!

Oops, my bad! So you're one of those enthusiastic Greeneville parents, huh? Alright, my apologies if I hurt your delicate feelings. But seriously, isn't it a tad strange how you're obsessively following this kid? Is your own child not playing? I mean, come on! Hall gets the easy-peasy mop-up duties, Quillen snags the starting job, and oh, who was that third-stringer who played one measly varsity game? Let's not even get started on the Quillen debate; that one's been beaten to death, I know. The Farragut issue well I'll just leave it hear with a picture is worth a thousand words so I've got a dictionary.

Alright, I'm officially done talking to the parent. How about you go spend some quality time with your own kid instead of stalking teenagers? It's a much healthier and less creepy hobby, trust me!

You are the one that came on here with a brokeback mountain type of screen name not me and now butt hurt for making fun of you about it. (Pun intended) :popcorneater:

First I don't even have kids so try again.  I was a former high school football coach in the Knoxville area, a former Greene Devil, and know a lot of these coaches through it before running my own business because it pays 10 times more.  I'm not obsessing over anyone just stating what other coaches, fans of teams, and other posters on here that has already been said so go get butt hurt someone else.  I've already said Multiple times that Halls has all the athletic ability in the world and a high ceiling but has baggage that comes along with that or he wouldn't be on his 3rd high school in 4 years.  Maybe it's time to look within instead of thinking it's someone else when the same song and story has come from multiple schools.  Like i also said before I hope Davey can do a good job with him so he doesn't spoil a barrel of good apples.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

IMO there are situations where we as people give up too quickly. Every kid out there need chances to find out what works best for them and the team. Football is a team sport. If there is anyone that will bring out the best in this kid, Davey can do it. I am confident we have a winner here and I believe Hall can have a spectacular year with Anderson County. I want to believe this is the type of program he has been searching for. The Mavs have for the most part been an Ariel assault team and this sounds like a really good fit for our program. 

Like i've said I hope Davey does well with the Kid and I honestly mean that.  I don't think Spradlen gave up on him or Riley at JC did.  I think they knew the program was bigger than just one player and wasn't going to let one player tip the cart or be above the program.  He can definitely sling it and if he takes to what Davey says he will be a great Qb for you this year. (He did throw for over 2k yards last year with 23 Td's don't know how many INT's since i can't find that)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Like i've said I hope Davey does well with the Kid and I honestly mean that.  I don't think Spradlen gave up on him or Riley at JC did.  I think they knew the program was bigger than just one player and wasn't going to let one player tip the cart or be above the program.  He can definitely sling it and if he takes to what Davey says he will be a great Qb for you this year. (He did throw for over 2k yards last year with 23 Td's don't know how many INT's since i can't find that)

No I agree. I think if anyone can work with a QB and bring out there best Davey can. But if a QB can't produce or God forbid gets hurt,  you have to work around it and it's nice we have Cody to be ready to go. Football specifically, and of course High School you have so many things to work in and work around. Teams of course always must have a backup as you know too. I was interested in Ints too. But some of that is if you put a QB in the wrong situation. Anyway as it goes pretty still confident Davey and staff will have this kid ready if he as good as most say. He just needed a home. 

16 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

No I agree. I think if anyone can work with a QB and bring out there best Davey can. But if a QB can't produce or God forbid gets hurt,  you have to work around it and it's nice we have Cody to be ready to go. Football specifically, and of course High School you have so many things to work in and work around. Teams of course always must have a backup as you know too. I was interested in Ints too. But some of that is if you put a QB in the wrong situation. Anyway as it goes pretty still confident Davey and staff will have this kid ready if he as good as most say. He just needed a home. 

Good post Mav.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

I 100 % agree with you! I hope Davey can steer him in the right direction because as we all know life is more than just football and believe Davey can if anyone can.  He was one of the best rb and football minds AC has ever seen

• Upvote 2

On 6/26/2023 at 6:51 PM, bendover13 said:

Pretty sure most of this is incorrect.  Never 3rd string at GV for one that shows you have no clue what you are talking about. Watch the TV games and you will probably see the answer to forcing passes. When the broadcasters asking why are they not doing something it's pretty bad. I'm pretty sure you just wanting to dog someone and actually have no clue what your talking about. Good luck calling out  kids. 

He was 3rd string by the end of the year… before he was asked to leave.   Due to the other stuff.

1 hour ago, Ffball9999 said:

He was 3rd string by the end of the year… before he was asked to leave.   Due to the other stuff.

I'm only replying to you this one time, since you seem to be so close to the program. As far as I know, the kid was on the team all season except for the loss to Betsy. He was never third string, but if that makes you feel better, go ahead and say it. I was also told that he left spring workouts after realizing that the competition wasn't fair. I do know that his father had words with the coach for getting in the kid's face, pretty much pushing him into a wall and screaming at him. I also know that some people are saying that the team should have won a ring or two more if the coach had played for the playoffs instead of week to week.

Of course, this is all just hearsay, so go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong and the coach didn't play his friends kid, the one friend who introduced him to his wife and took them around town. 

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bendover13 said:

I'm only replying to you this one time, since you seem to be so close to the program. As far as I know, the kid was on the team all season except for the loss to Betsy. He was never third string, but if that makes you feel better, go ahead and say it. I was also told that he left spring workouts after realizing that the competition wasn't fair. I do know that his father had words with the coach for getting in the kid's face, pretty much pushing him into a wall and screaming at him. I also know that some people are saying that the team should have won a ring or two more if the coach had played for the playoffs instead of week to week.

Of course, this is all just hearsay, so go ahead and tell me how I'm wrong and the coach didn't play his friends kid, the one friend who introduced him to his wife and took them around town. 

Wow.  .  And I won’t bother with a response to you.   Since you joined yesterday just to be a troll.  

• Thanks 1

52 (51 in Tennessee) days left until season opener. (I have a count down timer, by the way) And the Great Mavericks were The only 4A State Champs and 15-0 in the state of Tennessee. I have celebrated all 6 months. Now it's time for me to sober up. It's not what you did last year or what you might do next year. But it's what are you going to do this year. What have you done lately?. The Mavs have been gifted lately need to make the best of it. I think IMO they are developing a good balance on offense. The defense is not what I have heard much of. Ol Hickory will drop by soon keep us updated. But alot can be accomplished in 52 days. Game IQ is the big question. We have the athletes we have some pretty good speed with some break away speed available. The Mavs can do it again but it will take a lot of commitment from everyone. Back to Back? Well see. Eitheway, it will be another fun and exciting year, I am sure of that. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

52 (51 in Tennessee) days left until season opener. (I have a count down timer, by the way) And the Great Mavericks were The only 4A State Champs and 15-0 in the state of Tennessee. I have celebrated all 6 months. Now it's time for me to sober up. It's not what you did last year or what you might do next year. But it's what are you going to do this year. What have you done lately?. The Mavs have been gifted lately need to make the best of it. I think IMO they are developing a good balance on offense. The defense is not what I have heard much of. Ol Hickory will drop by soon keep us updated. But alot can be accomplished in 52 days. Game IQ is the big question. We have the athletes we have some pretty good speed with some break away speed available. The Mavs can do it again but it will take a lot of commitment from everyone. Back to Back? Well see. Eitheway, it will be another fun and exciting year, I am sure of that. 

Don't sell yourself short, if Boone ever won a state title I would be still celebrating it into my 80's.       Enjoy that moment and keep it alive because as you say it may never happen again

11 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

You all earned it Mav against some very rough customers. Region 1 & 2 have become the door to a 4A state title. The way I think it would be a lot harder to win a state title without each other and Betsy.

Edited by noonesfool