AA Substate Predictions

sportslover88

32 minutes ago, sportslover88 said:

I wonder what the state girls basketball record is for the most consecutive state tournament appearances

??? I figured that would've been those Shelbyville teams back in the day. But I think this makes 13 of the last 15 years for WV and 12 in a row?? I think they made in 2009,2010 (missed 2011,2012) and have been every year since. Not completely sure. I might be wrong on that, but it's been a good run, to say the least. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

34 minutes ago, gcfan2 said:

Between Westview and Gibson County they have been about 35 times between the two. Pretty amazing because they play each other and for the most part from the same District. IMO the toughest district in the state of Tennessee. 

As a Huntingdon fan I would say yes it’s a tough district.  We are pulling for Gibson Co. And Westview to meet for a 5th time in the championship game.  No doubt in our mind we could beat 4 of the 8 teams playing in State.   The State tournament should be about the best 8 teams but it is what it is and we should have gotten the job done.  I think next season you will begin to see a little more balanced state tourney with the new districts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

I sorry you can’t give a depleted team any more credit than that /I guess what people say bout Westview downing other teams is true 

Want some cheese with that? Summertown showed lots of fight and heart to keep this game remotely close. Chargers aren't defending Champs for nothing. At full roster, Summertown still falls in this one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uknow said:

Hats off to Gibson County. Great game in a great atmosphere from opening tipoff to final whistle. Could have went either way, but GC turned it up when down by 7 in the 4th to steal it by 5. Safe travels and good luck! This Lady Mustangs team fought tooth and nail and have nothing to hang their heads about. #mustang4life

Man I have seen a ton of girls basketball games but I don’t think I have ever witnessed such a better basketball game. It was a Balboa Creed bout for sure. Credit to Ashley with a great coaching job especially after losing an All District PG. Same for Summertown. Great effort with so many injuries. These two proved tonight that they will be a handful sure enough next year. Ally Weathers was really good as was their whole team. So proud of our girls for keep battling back. All of them but especially Micah Hart and Evyn Cantrelle. What a performance. Never heard a game that loud at a HS venue. Unbelievable electric environment. Loretto, keep your heads up. Y’all are going to be bad trouble next year for all of us. 

24 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Man I have seen a ton of girls basketball games but I don’t think I have ever witnessed such a better basketball game. It was a Balboa Creed bout for sure. Credit to Ashley with a great coaching job especially after losing an All District PG. Same for Summertown. Great effort with so many injuries. These two proved tonight that they will be a handful sure enough next year. Ally Weathers was really good as was their whole team. So proud of our girls for keep battling back. All of them but especially Micah Hart and Evyn Cantrelle. What a performance. Never heard a game that loud at a HS venue. Unbelievable electric environment. Loretto, keep your heads up. Y’all are going to be bad trouble next year for all of us. 

What a game between 2 traditionally rich programs.  It was good seeing you Pioneer and as always you all have another great team.  Hart and Cantrell shot lights out tonight and I wish they were both seniors. Lol !  We will miss our senior Lanie Weathers, but I like what all is coming back next season.  I hope our sophomore guard Libby Sanders will be back from her illness and our young 6 foot freshman post Mallory Corbin recovers from her ACL surgery.  They will really be a big part of the team next year.  The fans made the last night in the BARN special.  They were loud from tip off to final buzzer.  Good luck in State and hope to see you there next year in the Boro !

37 minutes ago, gogold said:

What a game between 2 traditionally rich programs.  It was good seeing you Pioneer and as always you all have another great team.  Hart and Cantrell shot lights out tonight and I wish they were both seniors. Lol !  We will miss our senior Lanie Weathers, but I like what all is coming back next season.  I hope our sophomore guard Libby Sanders will be back from her illness and our young 6 foot freshman post Mallory Corbin recovers from her ACL surgery.  They will really be a big part of the team next year.  The fans made the last night in the BARN special.  They were loud from tip off to final buzzer.  Good luck in State and hope to see you there next year in the Boro !

Y’all took it right to us. We came back, y’all came back. Just a war. Very impressed with Loretto and what y’all have returning. I can see a team similar to what y’all had the last few years at the Boro. Very good to see you and Ashley. Good people. Think a lot of Loretto. Prayers to these young ladies and hope they heal up soon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rebfan11986 said:

Want some cheese with that? Summertown showed lots of fight and heart to keep this game remotely close. Chargers aren't defending Champs for nothing. At full roster, Summertown still falls in this one. 

Don’t guess 6’1 post and 5’10 wing  make much difference