TSSAA how blind is your blind draw lol. I seen a very potential championship games in the 1st round. What are y’all’s thoughts?

HawkGuy06

Since the refs are evaluated during the season and we have multiple referee regions across the state, send the best evaluated refs (evaluated by TSSAA & through a Coaches' survey) and let that identified team work as a unit up there on the games where a team from their area isn't involved. It seems like they just throw 3 refs together most games from the pool of associations and I assure you that each Region of refs call games differently. That's why it sometimes seems that 1 ref is ruining a game, because that's how they call it in the area of the state which may be different in all of the other areas. At least if you had a ref 3 person unit for that game, both teams would adjust their style of play to fit the way the game is being called. Don't know of a good answer really. 

Edited by LetsGoBrandon

Using a little thought here....but isn't the fact that there ARE tough matchups in the 1st round proof that it is/was a blind draw? If tough matchups never happened and all the "top" teams were always spread out.....now THAT would be proof TSSAA doesn't actually do a blind draw. While I am not a huge fan of the blind draw, I do think the TSSAA needs to go back to hosting the coaches and letting the coaches draw who they play. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

There may be a few but there are some good refs that won’t be there. Refs have been bad up there a bunch. Reason anybody can beat anybody. Hope they call it fair this year and not try to ride the momentum of a team. 

Not one from west Tn this year 

On 3/7/2023 at 8:34 AM, LetsGoBrandon said:

Since the refs are evaluated during the season and we have multiple referee regions across the state, send the best evaluated refs (evaluated by TSSAA & through a Coaches' survey) and let that identified team work as a unit up there on the games where a team from their area isn't involved. It seems like they just throw 3 refs together most games from the pool of associations and I assure you that each Region of refs call games differently. That's why it sometimes seems that 1 ref is ruining a game, because that's how they call it in the area of the state which may be different in all of the other areas. At least if you had a ref 3 person unit for that game, both teams would adjust their style of play to fit the way the game is being called. Don't know of a good answer really. 

The “throwing 3 refs together” has been terrible.  First 2 days have had inconsistent calls by referees.  TSSAA needs to go back to bringing “crews” in - refs that have worked together all hear.  The Bradley vs Bearden game had almost 25 fouls in the first half.  Crazy.

A don't understand why everybody is getting their panties in a wad. While you might not like the results of a blind draw, a blind draw is completely FAIR, free from any biases or preconceived notions. A blind draw doesn't play favorites. A blind draw doesn't hype or show favoritism to it's local team. 

I'd put my faith in a blind draw over ANY organization or committee trying to seed the teams, most of which they've certainly never actually seen. 

Edited by crazzyness
  • Like 1