Miss Basketball

BigFan1966

We all know that Jackson South Side’s Timia Lawson is by far the best player in AAA but the “Miss Basketball” award is political award so anytime Upperman is on there they will win!  

But if you watched the state tournament this year you know who should’ve won it and it ain’t close! Big player steps up in big games! Abigail made big shots last year, this year she had 4 points, so that says enough! And it’s no knock on her it’s more of a pride thing on SS’s defense! 

2 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

We all know that Jackson South Side’s Timia Lawson is by far the best player in AAA but the “Miss Basketball” award is political award so anytime Upperman is on there they will win!  

But if you watched the state tournament this year you know who should’ve won it and it ain’t close! Big player steps up in big games! Abigail made big shots last year, this year she had 4 points, so that says enough! And it’s no knock on her it’s more of a pride thing on SS’s defense! 

Lawson was the best player in this tournament without a doubt. I will say this about the young lady from Upperman. She is also a state champion she has been a rock on a team that has competed for a state championship every year and won one. She has been double and triple teamed her entire career so if she wins it WILL be deserving. As will the other two players. Lawson played great but #1 the point guard was equally valuable. If you don’t have her you don’t win. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

41 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Lawson was the best player in this tournament without a doubt. I will say this about the young lady from Upperman. She is also a state champion she has been a rock on a team that has competed for a state championship every year and won one. She has been double and triple teamed her entire career so if she wins it WILL be deserving. As will the other two players. Lawson played great but #1 the point guard was equally valuable. If you don’t have her you don’t win. 

Yea same could be said about Abigail. She definitely couldn’t dribble the ba & give it to herself! Crouch was the engine to that train if you asked me! She was a dawg! Levi was another dawg on that back to back championship team… I will congratulate Abigail on her Miss Basketball 

On the single A side if Lyndie Ramsey from Unaka  doesn't win miss basketball, imo, it would be a travesty. The girl had over 2900 points for her career while being double and triple teamed every game this year. Also outside the court she is an outstanding ambassador for the game of girls basketball. I know for a fact that she volunteers to help many special needs students in her free time too. Her character is second to none.

• Like 3