Who’s The Best 1A Team Ever?

UConnAlum94

1 hour ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Most athletic and fun to watch 1A basketball player I’ve seen in the tournament to this day was David Woodard in 92’. 87’ 88’ and 89’ ER teams could run with the best of them as well.

The Middleton team with Steve Hamer that beat ER for the title in 92' was pretty good. 

1 hour ago, QuickStrike said:

U ended my junior year in substate also. 

Probably the best game in the state that whole year. We had to set some sort of scoring record. Also, you guys were probably the best team we beat all year.

Edited by crow6424

On 3/13/2023 at 2:54 PM, SavageSpeaks said:

Should’ve lost to Goodpasture in 2014. GP had more talent imo. 

They didn’t win a state title which still blows my mind, but 93-94 Goodpasture team had the most talent of any 1A team ever. 

Agree. Mercer, Maddux, and Howard. How does a team with a future NBA player and two other SEC players not win title?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 1:18 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Bolton Wildcats and Westside Wildcats in the mid 80's were the best Class A teams ever. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

Greenfield beat Botton in the Championship in 1984 so I guess that makes Greenfield tops on your list.  Some called it a miracle even the Memphis tv stations Said nobody can beat Bolton.  

Remember the name Jeff Crouse.  

Greenfield Yellowjackets

1984 State Champs

enrollment 188 students

Edited by Greenfieldfan

On 3/13/2024 at 9:55 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Greenfield beat Botton in the Championship in 1984 so I guess that makes Greenfield tops on your list.  Some called it a miracle even the Memphis tv stations Said nobody can beat Bolton.  

Remember the name Jeff Crouse.  

Greenfield Yellowjackets

1984 State Champs

enrollment 188 students

This was later in the 80's when Bolton Wildcats had more seniors on the team. Greenfield Jackets did a good thing by winning a championship though. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

On 2/29/2024 at 1:18 PM, CaptainGuru said:

Bolton Wildcats and Westside Wildcats in the mid 80's were the best Class A teams ever. I guarantee it. Does anyone want to bet me? I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

96-97 PC Vikings were the best ever. They went 37-0 and also beat the AA champion in the regular season. 

37 minutes ago, VikingFan99 said:

96-97 PC Vikings were the best ever. They went 37-0 and also beat the AA champion in the regular season. 

Welcome to the 'T 99... since you only have three posts, I'll help you out a little bit. The nutcase you replied to didn't intend to share his opinion, his intent is to incite an argument or disagreement. He/she does not engage in conversation, just ridiculous comments followed by his schtick "I guarantee it, do you want to bet me?". I've had the moron blocked for months now and can only see his post if someone replies to it. I won't suggest that you do the same because it's a free country, but I will tell you that I'm much better for having blocked three or four folks' content just because it's not genuine.

1 hour ago, VikingFan99 said:

Hard to argue with that. Also, they were a "ball rolling around the rim" away from going back to back the year before after a Boyd Buchanan player started their celebration too early and got called for a travel around mid-court. Which gave PC one last chance to win the game. PC just about won that game after Boyd Buchanan had it won after intercepting the pass around mid-court.

Edited by CASC95

On 3/19/2024 at 9:15 AM, VikingFan99 said:

That is your opinion and I respect it. Perry Vikings were a good team in the 90s. Bolton Wildcats and Memphis Westside were good teams in the 80's too. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

On 3/19/2024 at 8:15 AM, VikingFan99 said:

07-08 Union City Tornadoes went 37-0 also. They beat Manassas for the championship and that was no small task. Humboldt and Lake County were no joke that year either.

I saw the 96-97 PC team. They were huge for a A school. I have no doubt that UC, Humboldt, Lake County would have given that PC team trouble and any of those teams could've pulled out a win.