Chatt Prep AKA Tn Temple

UCSportsFan

So it looks like the powers that be in Chattanooga have decided to revive the old Tennessee temple high school that was shut down basically because of illegal recruiting, has resurfaced as Chattanooga Prep. Once again posing as a magnet school instead of a private school, which is  what they are in almost every sense of the word. Their enrollment is already above AA standards and I guarantee you they are pulling these kids in from all over Chattanooga and surrounding counties if I was guessing.  So does anyone in the Chattanooga area have any info on this school?

• Upvote 2

I know people who coach in Chatt Prep's district...I've been told they've started to call them Cheat Prep. One coach reported that Cheat Prep's coach boasted at a district coaches meeting that he only took the job because he was told he could bring in anyone he wanted from all over Hamilton County, and probably further out. I'm pretty sure it was one of the schools in their district that made a proposal to TSSAA to have charter schools moved into D II, with private schools, due to this blatant recruiting. In the report published by TSSAA over 70% of the schools in TN voted to approve this...only to have the legislative council disregard the will of the membership and overrule the proposal. Cheat Prep is also a male only school and according to the enrollment info on the TSSAA website in regards to reclassification there was no multiplier used towards their numbers...which means class A will be stuck with them and their obvious recruiting machine until at least 2025. NO WAY a normal school, just happens to have a loaded class of 8th, 9th, and 10th graders and make it now into the state semis after 2 years in existence! TSSAA needs to wake the heck up. Much respect to all those coaches at small schools who do it the right way...a shame they have to face those who can't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chiefbigfoot said:

Tyner does the same thing to an extent. Boo Hoo doesn’t matter go beat ‘em. They are playing with 8th Graders, Freshman, and Sophomores. No excuses go beat them.

If they are cheating, like everyone’s says they are then they will be shut down and disgraced just like Tennessee Temple was. If I understand correctly, they use the same exact school, so no shame in their game I guess. It’s amazing how some people will cheat lie and steal to gain a gold ornament. I guess if they can sleep at night so can I. At the end of the day cheating gains you nothing, teaches nothing and only creates animosity and animus from others. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

59 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

If they are cheating, like everyone’s says they are then they will be shut down and disgraced just like Tennessee Temple was. If I understand correctly, they use the same exact school, so no shame in their game I guess. It’s amazing how some people will cheat lie and steal to gain a gold ornament. I guess if they can sleep at night so can I. At the end of the day cheating gains you nothing, teaches nothing and only creates animosity and animus from others. 

Sounds a lot like MAHS. Hopefully schools like this will either be made private or close altogether. 

9 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

City is no different. Lol. Recruiting kids from every school in their. district, getting AAU coaches to pay rent for families to transfer to City, bringing in illegal kids from Alabama. You have a case of selective memory it seems. Didn't City get punished by TSSAA a couple years ago for playing an illegal player in football????

6 hours ago, phil24 said:

City is no different. Lol. Recruiting kids from every school in their. district, getting AAU coaches to pay rent for families to transfer to City, bringing in illegal kids from Alabama. You have a case of selective memory it seems. Didn't City get punished by TSSAA a couple years ago for playing an illegal player in football????

Pot meet kettle, its not just these 2 either, plenty live off gathering the birds together.