Way Too Early 23-24 AA top preseason teams

HawkGuy06

1 hour ago, TrickyD said:

Kinda glad Dyersburg didn’t have 20 less kids or we would be in that mix

Dyersburg I would say is the favorite. Don't know if anybody will beat them. Livingston Academy, Upperman, Greenville and Elizabethton are down across the river it seems. South Side will be better for sure but they aren't what they were last year. 

2 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Kinda glad Dyersburg didn’t have 20 less kids or we would be in that mix

That’s wild. Dyersburg has 300 more kids than Huntingdon. If Huntingdon had 5 less they would be in 1a. 2a is tough.

4 hours ago, TrickyD said:

I think Huntingdon would be the favorite in 1A they gave Dyersburg all they wanted

you can't judge a team by who beat who for example Bartlett beat Dyersburg then Bartlett lost to Gibson County then Trenton played Gibson County close then Dyersburg beat Trenton 29 

37 minutes ago, ball21 said:

you can't judge a team by who beat who for example Bartlett beat Dyersburg then Bartlett lost to Gibson County then Trenton played Gibson County close then Dyersburg beat Trenton 29 

It’s all about matchups and who’s hot that night

5 hours ago, ball21 said:

I agree with you. I think the state all the way around this year will be maybe the most competitive in a while. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, westtn12 said:

Gibson County just beat the AA defending state champion by 24….

The two time defending state champs that lost their whole team from last year except two players!  There are going to be more games like that for them too for the remainder of the season I’m afraid. They have no post play and just lost their starting point guard to injury tonight. You shut down Sims and Alexander and you beat them 30+

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

The two time defending state champs that lost their whole team from last year except two players!  There are going to be more games like that for them too for the remainder of the season I’m afraid. They have no post play and just lost their starting point guard to injury tonight. You shut down Sims and Alexander and you beat them 30+

Hopefully the PG will be ok. The Westview assistant said it was an ankle. Prayers that she is Ok. They made some big shots in the first half. Alexander is a great shooter. Had about 4 or 5 lead changes in the game. Gibson County shot the ball as good as they have all year in the second half. I do think the Westview Gibson County future matchups will be tough games as they always are. Haskins is a great coach and will learn from this and regroup.