Region 6 2A

Allthetalk

Maybe the toughest region in 2A in the state top to bottom. This region has the historic rivalry of the dog and pony show in it as well as former multiple time state champion in recent years Peabody, and last years 2A runner up in Riverside in it. With Milan, Huntingdon, Riverside, Peabody, JCM, Camden, Adamsville and Gibson County in the same region this will be fun to watch. How will it play out? Thoughts?

Edited by Allthetalk

• Allthetalk changed the title to Region 6 2A
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The four mentioned early in your post figure to battle for the #1 through #4 seed in the region, and the latter four for the scraps... one thing for sure, the old John Wayne quote from "The Cowboys" will apply on Friday nights in 2AA Region 6... "better come with grit teeth". Dependent on a few (very few) other 2AA teams statewide, four of the state true top ten could be in R6. If whomever survives that region isn't beat down physically, the road to the gold ball won't have anything more than they've already had to deal with.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, @38320 said:

Riverside looks considerably better than last year. And they're on a mission, after that heartbreaker at Chatt in December. 

I saw the Panthers play Hardin Co and was impressed. Lots of linemen playing both ways. Looked great against the run but maybe a little shaky in the secondary. Big RB looked great on both offense and defense. Have strong tackles, line looked very mobile. Can"t wait to meet you on the carpet Sep 29. Mustangs can play with you!

On 3/21/2023 at 9:50 AM, Allthetalk said:

Maybe the toughest region in 2A in the state top to bottom. This region has the historic rivalry of the dog and pony show in it as well as former multiple time state champion in recent years Peabody, and last years 2A runner up in Riverside in it. With Milan, Huntingdon, Riverside, Peabody, JCM, Camden, Adamsville and Gibson County in the same region this will be fun to watch. How will it play out? Thoughts?

Riverside's region to lose. They have to be the heavy favorite after last season and the pieces they return. Peabody looks to be in rebuild mode, but Huntingdon and Milan will make a push at Riverside in this region. My opinion, 1. Riverside 2. Milan 3. Huntingdon...that 4 spot is TBD. :thumb:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...