2024 Class 1A Early Predictions

bballfan12121

5 hours ago, dogtruth said:

A simple solution would be to double Chattanooga Prep's #'s since no females go to that school which would push them into AA. 

Not sure if they doubled their count due to no girls, or accounted for adding classes each year.

76DBBF02-4207-4576-9458-640764AA9B03.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Indian said:
23 minutes ago, Indian said:

Not sure if they doubled their count due to no girls, or accounted for adding classes each year.

23 minutes ago, Indian said:

32 minutes ago, Anaxandridas said:

25-18 Chatt Prep at half. Chatt Prep will run away with this one. Chatt has too much athleticism and bench depth for the Lions to keep up with. 

UNFAIR  / competition should be on equal footing and this is not ( I don’t have dog in this fight ) Prep probably win any division there and this situation needs to remedied by TSSAA before next year 

8 minutes ago, option76 said:

This may be a silly question. But how does an all boys school have female cheerleaders? Am I missing something here? 

There’s a girls only school in the building next door safe bet that’s where. I don’t understand why the enrollment of the girls school is doubled but the boys school wasn’t or wasn’t reported as doubled on the site anyway 

Pickett Co lost to Prep by 8 at home after leading with time running out but took some bad shots and Prep  pulled away on free throws. In the Sub-State they lost at Prep by 13. They had to go to Chattanooga because after beating Gordonsville fairly easily three times, they let up in the region championship and lost. That pretty much ended their season since winning a Sub-State at Prep was unlikely. PC was ranked #2 to #4 during the season...they'll be better next year, but teams need to be focused on that region championship game.  PC has been in a lot of Sub-States. They have only lost once at home, by four. They have never won a Sub-State on the road. I just wanted to remind good teams that will be in a region championship next year...stay focused! Congratulations Prep!

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

My mistake on the State title in football it was their region title I believe they had to vacate. Bottom line is this school is mirroring the old Temple school in so many ways when it comes to boys basketball. Now how they started out or when is of no concern. How they ended and what they were doing when it ended is very similar to how this school is starting out. There ARE similarities between the two. Temple didn’t all of a sudden get good at basketball in the early to mid 2000’s by doing what they had been in the 80’s and 90’s. And you’re correct ALL private schools recruited and still do. My point in all this is this school is playing in Div 1’s lowest classification while doing what private schools do and that sir is against the rules. 

Not trying to butt into the discussion between the two of you, but it seems that I recall one particular incident that was their downfall after allegations of wrongdoing were floated around for years... had to do with one athlete's "tuition" and housing being paid for by an outside entity. If memory serves me correctly, it was a basketball kid too.

Sad that all of us on here have figured out all that is going on at Chatt Prep. I get that they may be playing by the “rules”, but sad that so many kids across the state had their seasons end because of these situations. I’m guessing the TSSAA won’t do anything about it, until it starts messing with the big schools 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Pickett Co lost to Prep by 8 at home after leading with time running out but took some bad shots and Prep  pulled away on free throws. In the Sub-State they lost at Prep by 13. They had to go to Chattanooga because after beating Gordonsville fairly easily three times, they let up in the region championship and lost. That pretty much ended their season since winning a Sub-State at Prep was unlikely. PC was ranked #2 to #4 during the season...they'll be better next year, but teams need to be focused on that region championship game.  PC has been in a lot of Sub-States. They have only lost once at home, by four. They have never won a Sub-State on the road. I just wanted to remind good teams that will be in a region championship next year...stay focused! Congratulations Prep!

Pickett County won Sub-State at Moore County in 2021. But yes, hosting is vital for greater chances.

2 hours ago, bobcatfan300 said:

Ordinarily..I would agree with you about importance of Region championship game but I believe Frank Hughes benefited greatly by losing to Wayne County in Region C-ship game. That put them traveling to Eagleville instead of hosting Santa Fe like WC did. Obviously you gotta win that elimination game and hats off to FHS for doing so!