Coaching Changes

maddams

What is going at franklin county and tullahoma?  Both of their rosters were posted and they have a lot of freshmen on both teams but not much else?  Is this coaching issues with both programs?  Girls not coming back to the teams because of the lack of coaching?  I remember the last few years Tullahoma was putting girls in college and fc had girls going to school and now the last couple years these new coaches have not put anyone in school at the next level.  What is the real problem?

6 minutes ago, mcraiderfan321 said:

What is going at franklin county and tullahoma?  Both of their rosters were posted and they have a lot of freshmen on both teams but not much else?  Is this coaching issues with both programs?  Girls not coming back to the teams because of the lack of coaching?  I remember the last few years Tullahoma was putting girls in college and fc had girls going to school and now the last couple years these new coaches have not put anyone in school at the next level.  What is the real problem?

I saw Franklin Co roster posted yesterday. Best player from last year left them and it had 9 freshman and only 5 upperclassmen. Franklin Co girls are dropping teams from their schedule that they have played for 50 years because they can no longer compete, so so sad for that program. I am amazed that the AD and administration would allow that to happen. I think we will be fine, we have our best player Bobo back and Melton will be a force on the inside, we won't have a lot of depth but we can still make a run at a district title.

6 hours ago, Tully123 said:

I saw Franklin Co roster posted yesterday. Best player from last year left them and it had 9 freshman and only 5 upperclassmen. Franklin Co girls are dropping teams from their schedule that they have played for 50 years because they can no longer compete, so so sad for that program. I am amazed that the AD and administration would allow that to happen. I think we will be fine, we have our best player Bobo back and Melton will be a force on the inside, we won't have a lot of depth but we can still make a run at a district title.

If Bobo was the best player then that team is in a lot of trouble.  They lost three seniors who carried them and Nutt was by far their best player the last two seasons.  Bobo will find it hard to have success without those others around her to take some of the pressure of the defense and ball handling off her.  I agree with FC, smart scheduling on their part If that team is going to be so weak.

Bianca Hensley to Cleveland. West Tennessee Product. State Champion at Chester County. Played 4 years at Ole Miss and played professionally. She has won everywhere she has been including at Lexington High School in West Tennessee and that is saying a lot. She will do a great job. May get some of those Cleveland Middle School kids one of the posters were talking about to stay at Cleveland. 

7 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Bianca Hensley to Cleveland. West Tennessee Product. State Champion at Chester County. Played 4 years at Ole Miss and played professionally. She has won everywhere she has been including at Lexington High School in West Tennessee and that is saying a lot. She will do a great job. May get some of those Cleveland Middle School kids one of the posters were talking about to stay at Cleveland. 

Williams leaving will be a mistake.  Who takes over at Stewart’s Creek?  Word out is Chad Hibdon is the front runner to be next coach for the Hawks.

35 minutes ago, maddams said:

Webb’s coach resigned last night to take a job at Montverde - national power in Florida.

This hire could have a huge impact on schools in TN. 

Will be interesting for sure. Also be interesting if some of the Webb players follow him to Florida. 

On 5/23/2023 at 1:06 AM, DVP41324000 said:

Lenoir City's coach has left after 1 of the best seasons in school history.

Word spreading is Katie Collier-Wright, daughter of Webb coach Shelly Collier, will be the next coach at Lenoir City. She's to be introduced this weekend. Pit stop before taking over for mom in a couple of years?

On 6/10/2023 at 1:22 AM, DVP41324000 said:

Word spreading is Katie Collier-Wright, daughter of Webb coach Shelly Collier, will be the next coach at Lenoir City. She's to be introduced this weekend. Pit stop before taking over for mom in a couple of years?

Was a Collier but it was mom instead! Wow, big time hire for Lenoir City in getting Shelley Collier away from Webb!!