Team Camps

dmm88

York won all of their games at MTSU and UT except for one game which they lost by a few. In that game they didn't play Miss Basketball runner up Reese Beaty, nor another outstanding player, Raylee Werner. Had they played they would have won easily. In their last game on the Pat Summitt Court in Thompson-Boiling Arena, they easily beat 4A Elizabethton, who went to the state semifinals last year and lost in 2 overtimes. They were 30-5. It looks like York will have a great shot at returning to Murfreesboro for the 3rd straight year.

4 hours ago, bobcatfan#1 said:

York won all of their games at MTSU and UT except for one game which they lost by a few. In that game they didn't play Miss Basketball runner up Reese Beaty, nor another outstanding player, Raylee Werner. Had they played they would have won easily. In their last game on the Pat Summitt Court in Thompson-Boiling Arena, they easily beat 4A Elizabethton, who went to the state semifinals last year and lost in 2 overtimes. They were 30-5. It looks like York will have a great shot at returning to Murfreesboro for the 3rd straight year.

I think Elizabethton lost most everyone… so I don’t know if that can be used as a measuring stick. Who else did they play?

8 minutes ago, westtn12 said:

I think Elizabethton lost most everyone… so I don’t know if that can be used as a measuring stick. Who else did they play?

36 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

What did page return this year? 

How many did Elizabethton lose Hawk?? They don’t sell programs at state no more do they?? York will be good no doubt but like he said in his own thread two of York’s best players set out in their loss. Summer Ball is good no doubt but hard to get a true measuring stick for sure. JV plays in most of these games and they should to get live reps in. That is reason I really like summer ball. Get to watch some of the younger one’s battling for spots in season.

On 6/8/2023 at 11:32 AM, pioneer42 said:

Appreciate the update. We played McKenzie first day of camp and they will be better later. The three they are replacing were good players. All could hit three’s and handle ball pressure and play defense. The three they got out there now are not bad players just inexperienced. Wayne County would be a real tough game for them right now. But I think as the year goes on they will get better. Hearing Moore County is pretty good as well so it will be a lot more competitive for sure. McKenzie will have their work cut out to win it again. Looking at Districts McKenzie, McKewen and Houston County are in the same District and Wayne County  will be in that Region. McKewen our JV played and are a pretty good team. Be interesting. 

Watched a few games at the Bethel camp today. South Gibson handed it to Mckenzie by about 28 points today.  Catie got her girls playing very well. Cann really shoot the ball. Almost didn't recognize Savannah Davis. She's lost a lot of weight. She's still a great skinny player. Saw my Fillies beat Creekwood and Trenton pretty handily this afternoon. I take back all the bad things I said about the Fillies last week. We handled intense pressure that Trenton applied and beat them by about 15.

4 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

How many did Elizabethton lose Hawk?? They don’t sell programs at state no more do they?? York will be good no doubt but like he said in his own thread two of York’s best players set out in their loss. Summer Ball is good no doubt but hard to get a true measuring stick for sure. JV plays in most of these games and they should to get live reps in. That is reason I really like summer ball. Get to watch some of the younger one’s battling for spots in season.

Elizabethton lost mostly everyone. I got the one sophomore back(I forgot her name but she is decent. And one big back) 

Livingston will be the team to beat in 3A! Dyersburg will be a force as well. 

York will good!

Mcminn Central returns everyone, plus middle school won the championship! They will be the favorite in 2A 

Gibson County will be good! 

Galtinburg Pittman returns a lot! 

them 4 in 2A is almost a lock for state 

I've been camping quite a bit so far this summer:

Wayne County is the favorite in 1A. Long, athletic, and they shoot the basketball extremely well. Baugas is a Power 5 player, no doubt. Goal for them should be playing as much tough competition as possible.

Loretto looked good as well. Post player does a little bit of everything and they have a couple of kids that shoot the basketball extremely well. I look for them and Gibson County to start as the preseason favorites in 2A.

Rossview is gonna be a tough team in 4A. A very strong defensive club with speed and quickness, some tough guards, and a athlete in the post who will play D1 ball. 

Creek Wood should be a state tourney team in 3A. Wing and post player played really well for them. Well-coached ball club. 

Huntingdon is gonna be good as well. Obviously in the post, they are gonna be tough to handle. The guards will come along I think. They can shoot the 3, which helps them.

Peabody is now the victim of being in a TOUGH district with GC, Westview, and Huntingdon. But defense travels, and they are gonna find a way. Tough and scrappy bunch. 

Edited by dmm88

43 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

I've been camping quite a bit so far this summer:

Wayne County is the favorite in 1A. Long, athletic, and they shoot the basketball extremely well. Baugas is a Power 5 player, no doubt. Goal for them should be playing as much tough competition as possible.

Loretto looked good as well. Post player does a little bit of everything and they have a couple of kids that shoot the basketball extremely well. I look for them and Gibson County to start as the preseason favorites in 2A.

Rossview is gonna be a tough team in 4A. A very strong defensive club with speed and quickness, some tough guards, and a athlete in the post who will play D1 ball. 

Creek Wood should be a state tourney team in 3A. Wing and post player played really well for them. Well-coached ball club. 

Huntingdon is gonna be good as well. Obviously in the post, they are gonna be tough to handle. The guards will come along I think. They can shoot the 3, which helps them.

Peabody is now the victim of being in a TOUGH district with GC, Westview, and Huntingdon. But defense travels, and they are gonna find a way. Tough and scrappy bunch. 

Huntingdon is in a new district this year - Huntingdon, Waverly, Stewart Co, Camden. Huntingdon will have no trouble with that group. Region is a little better but not much. I expect Summertown at Huntingdon in a substate game.

PeabodY moving into the Westview/GC district is tough. GC should be really good and Westview will reload quickly

19 hours ago, westtn12 said:

They also won all the rest of their games except a close one without their Miss Basketball runner up and their next best player. I guess that's why they beat Elizabethton easily.

Edited by bobcatfan#1