Top 10 Head Coaches Power Rankings

cowcatcherII

And done assume bc we bring in high caliber kids as freshman, “anyone” can coach them…and more importantly development them. 

Takes someone with a high wrestling IQ, and commitment to their long term development to continuously have each kid progress every year.

Graduating 2 seniors this year, there was plenty of opportunity for Bradley or Summit to beat us.

16 minutes ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

And done assume bc we bring in high caliber kids as freshman, “anyone” can coach them…and more importantly development them. 

Takes someone with a high wrestling IQ, and commitment to their long term development to continuously have each kid progress every year.

Graduating 2 seniors this year, there was plenty of opportunity for Bradley or Summit to beat us.

Nobody is questioning any of that...

...The point we're all making is that Coach Kramer has done more for Wilson Central than coach Knox has done for Cleveland. 

And that isnt to say either one is a better coach or that just anybody can step into that role there. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

That statement is ridiculous. What Knox has done behind the scenes leading up to his head coach beginning is a major reason he’s been winning.

If anyone has “built” a program….. it’s Knox and Cleveland. He’s not only at HS practice, but he’s at club practice, beginner practice, and traveling to tournaments with the kids club.

One would be very naive if they believed Knox built that program. I would say “maintained” is the better word choice. You played a much bigger role in building that program, which is a compliment to you. 

I will say that it seems whenever you post on here you always become super whiny and defensive when no one is ever discrediting anything accomplished by Cleveland or its coaches. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Nobody is questioning any of that...

...The point we're all making is that Coach Kramer has done more for Wilson Central than coach Knox has done for Cleveland. 

And that isnt to say either one is a better coach or that just anybody can step into that role there. 

No disrespect to Coach Kramer, he has been at Wilson Central longer than Knox has been at Cleveland, so Knox has accomplished more in a shorter period of time. What has Wilson Central done to be a perennial program?  Part of making a great program is having a very competitive schedule for your team. Compare the schedules. No one does a better job of putting  their wrestlers in situations to compete against better competition than Knox. Big regular season wins and records do not win state titles. Wilson Central was 36-0 and lost to Bradley Central who was 17-5 at the state tournament. The point you all (you) are making does not make since. Both schools have great wrestlers and coaches, but to say one has done more for there program than the other is a joke.

18 minutes ago, GruncleD said:

No disrespect to Coach Kramer, he has been at Wilson Central longer than Knox has been at Cleveland, so Knox has accomplished more in a shorter period of time. What has Wilson Central done to be a perennial program?  Part of making a great program is having a very competitive schedule for your team. Compare the schedules. No one does a better job of putting  their wrestlers in situations to compete against better competition than Knox. Big regular season wins and records do not win state titles. Wilson Central was 36-0 and lost to Bradley Central who was 17-5 at the state tournament. The point you all (you) are making does not make since. Both schools have great wrestlers and coaches, but to say one has done more for there program than the other is a joke.

that school(WC) was built and opened in 2001, you do know that Cleveland won state titles before Knox ever came along, pretty sure the same people crying about how bad Yost is doing at McCallie maybe don't know he won state titles at Cleveland BEFORE Knox took over there and was there before Knox got there?  By the way he led them to 3 State titles, sadly McCallie and their upper level administration took focus off wrestling and screwed Jake, thankfully Cleveland hasnt done that to Knox or he would prob be screwed also. But if you are obtuse enough to believe he could just jump on over to Wilson Central and start winning state titles, you sure as heck dont know as much about wrestling as you think you do! Oh by the way Cleveland won 3 straight duals titles in 92, 93, and 94, Miller did a great job and actually built that program, they reached another level once Jones got fully invested in it when his own sons went there and he hated the thought of Bradley Central winning so many state titles. Jake Yost won 3 STRAIGHT titles there before leaving for McCallie. 

Coach Kramer coached and did well in a much better wrestling state in Michigan, started at Wilson Central who had done NOTHING in their 7 years previously, in 4 years have WC at the state tourney every single season since that time, 12 straight years with 5 runner-ups. Not even Cleveland has that same record of straight duals qualifications. So Yost comes in, they win state titles in 2013, 2014 and 2015, Yost leaves and 2016 is one season with Bosken and 2017 first season of Knox.  He's a good coach, but he stepped into a program already fully built and has maintained that great quality ever since.(Which also by the way, sometimes a head coach gets way more credit than they should, the people they surround themselves with also make a huge difference and Josh at Higher calling and the assistants Joey has surrounding him have made that the premier wrestling team in the state as far as public schools. Just like with Saban getting all the credit at Bama(he was average at best at Michigan State), its usually those who surround you and again the Jimmy and Joes that make all the difference. Sorry for those that think that takes away from Knox as he is a great coach, just to me personally he isn't really close to those that are the best in the state or the best.  

34 minutes ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

Ha never whiny…. just love hearing all the reasons why we are successful from people who are oblivious to what’s going on.

Next few years will be fun to hear why….Allan must have added a few coaches to the payroll.

you do know some of us actually have kids(related to us) that wrestle for higher calling?  Allan has poured money into that program form higher calling all the way to the high school, from building state of the art facilities to allowing you all to travel not in school buses as most do but in really nice travel buses. You seem to think none of us have any idea what makes everything there happen and if you took Allan's money from you tomorrow, I'm sorry but you might not fall off a cliff but you sure as heck aren't winning 6 or 7 or even more state titles in a row. Once his son's went through the program he got tired of losing to Bradley and he made it his mission for that to stop happening, but please do not pretend no one else knows what is happening there and acting like Allan's money has made little difference in that program. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

Ha never whiny…. just love hearing all the reasons why we are successful from people who are oblivious to what’s going on.

Next few years will be fun to hear why….Allan must have added a few coaches to the payroll.

We get it… Cleveland is the best because they work harder than everyone else and no one on the board has any insight into the program besides Coach Whiny. LOL!

I feel like you have some underlying insecurities, but you honestly shouldn’t. What you built in Cleveland is admirable. In all seriousness, you deserve much more credit than Knox. Speaking of… how did he end up getting to coach the team after Yost left when it seems from an outsider’s perspective, you did the hard work getting the program to that point? Honest question. 

48 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

you do know some of us actually have kids(related to us) that wrestle for higher calling?  Allan has poured money into that program form higher calling all the way to the high school, from building state of the art facilities to allowing you all to travel not in school buses as most do but in really nice travel buses. You seem to think none of us have any idea what makes everything there happen and if you took Allan's money from you tomorrow, I'm sorry but you might not fall off a cliff but you sure as heck aren't winning 6 or 7 or even more state titles in a row. Once his son's went through the program he got tired of losing to Bradley and he made it his mission for that to stop happening, but please do not pretend no one else knows what is happening there and acting like Allan's money has made little difference in that program. 

Don’t try to convince Coach Whiny. He’s a good coach, but far from a pragmatist. 

So clueless….Allan has never given us travel busses.

1) Allan gives us and Bradley the same money 

2) Allan isn’t our biggest donor ha

3) We have fundraised more money than anyone has given us.

4) Money definitely helps, and the better we get, the more people want to help us out….we will never turn that down ha

5) Anyone really inside our program understands the impact Coach knox has beyond the HS level.

BTW Kramer/Hamm are incredible coaches, as is Pete Miller and Coach Foreman….. ironically they all value their feeder program.

Enjoy your summer guys….i’ll check back in later to whine about something else.

53 minutes ago, JBoskenUSAW said:

So clueless….Allan has never given us travel busses.

1) Allan gives us and Bradley the same money 

2) Allan isn’t our biggest donor ha

3) We have fundraised more money than anyone has given us.

4) Money definitely helps, and the better we get, the more people want to help us out….we will never turn that down ha

5) Anyone really inside our program understands the impact Coach knox has beyond the HS level.

BTW Kramer/Hamm are incredible coaches, as is Pete Miller and Coach Foreman….. ironically they all value their feeder program.

Enjoy your summer guys….i’ll check back in later to whine about something else.

That’s BS and a FOI easily would disprove that but isn’t needed. Oh unless you say money from his foundation isn’t from Allan Jones and therefore isn’t from Allan. Lol you are full of crap and can spin it any which way you want. 

as far as same money from him as given to Bradley, sure, again you trying to get past the Jones Foundation as not being Allan jones, you sound like a politician. 

also would love to see this fundraising, got one that was in higher calling and another that goes to Cleveland High. Never really saw all that fundraising I keep hearing and seeing things talked about. 

4. seems you want to discount that money, I would bet you receive more money than any other non private school wrestling program in the state. Again coming from both jones foundation and his children you get a ton, plus I’m sure a little here and there from others that went through the program before.

5. lol, yeah just like you discount having all that money doesn’t help your program reach the heights it has. Like hard work is everything which discounts every other coach in the state like they don’t work just as hard. You are FOS and I’ve taken up for the program and higher calling for years on this very board. Also by the way, I’ve been to quite a few higher calling practices, I never once saw Knox work with a lot of the beginners. They were stuck having some of the Cleveland wrestlers try and help them or no one at all. Having a few I saw really wanting to learn but paired with kids that didn’t and screwed around the whole time. It happens when you have a large program, but I hardly saw Knox with any of those kids and at the tournaments I never saw him in one of their corners either. But hey what do I know, I mean I have absolutely no idea the comings and going and everyone in your program is so tight lipped on everything. 

by the way Cleveland feeder program before you was subpar if anything at all, I would actually give you more credit for having the vision and starting higher calling than any other coach on that staff, but maybe I’m wrong

1 hour ago, cowcatcherII said:

We get it… Cleveland is the best because they work harder than everyone else and no one on the board has any insight into the program besides Coach Whiny. LOL!

I feel like you have some underlying insecurities, but you honestly shouldn’t. What you built in Cleveland is admirable. In all seriousness, you deserve much more credit than Knox. Speaking of… how did he end up getting to coach the team after Yost left when it seems from an outsider’s perspective, you did the hard work getting the program to that point? Honest question. 

I seriously just don’t understand it. It’s like he thinks we are taking away from the program by saying money has really helped them, but I guess he doesn’t see it as taking away from other coaches by saying they just outwork everyone lol. Yeah hard work can do a lot, but it’s like everyone else is racing a nascar race in a pinto and they are over here complaining it’s just hard work while their corvette laps the field.