5A Region 7

eers

16 minutes ago, RollRed123 said:

The way I understand it Henry County has the region locked down either way. But that just talk with the guys and speculation. Anyone feel free to chime in. 

I believe it is region record tied, then they look at overall record??? 

Let’s see what happens with HHS and Henry before we go into that. 

I found this posted on another site. 

Ill. REGION PLAY & TIE-BREAKERS

1. All teams are required to play all other teams within their region. The teams with the best region records shall be declared the region winner, runner-up, third and fourth place and shall advance to the first round of the football play-off series.
  2. If at any point when the following tie-breaking procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.
  3. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner-up, third-place, or fourth-place team, if either teams) has defeated the other(s) in regular-season play, the teams) shall be rated above the other(s) in the standings. After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third- and fourth-place teams.
  4. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):
  1. The team with the greatest number of victories.
  2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.
  3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.
  4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.
  5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.
  6. Coin Flip
Edited by SEC1rules

Am I correct in the way I see the tiebreaker work if 1) Hendersonville beats Portland, 2) Henry County beats Ridgeway, 3)Beech defeats Springfield, and then 4)Hendersonville beats Henry County-

This would create a 3 way tie between HC, HHS, and Beech. Beech would fall to 3 due to a worse W-L record than the other two, who would both be 8-2. Then it’s a two way tie between HC and HHS which would go to Hendersonville due to a head to head win. 

FWIW, I don’t see Hendersonville beating Henry County in Paris. It will be an interesting game for sure, though. 
I see the region winding up 1) Henry County, 2)Beech, 3)Hendersonville and 4)Springfield

• 2 weeks later...