out of state game for TN teams

On 7/7/2023 at 8:02 PM, theawesomebro said:

hsfb america put together a list of the out of state games and I compiled the TN games together.  some interesting games, I think.  IMG vs LA, oakland vs cedar grove, BA vs clearwater international to name a few.  baylor gets points for going to ireland to play.  crazy!

thoughts?

image.thumb.png.8d06c7e8993e7312626a2653a718ae4e.png

Looking forward to the LA vs IMG and Oakland vs Cedar Grove games. I've heard that Oakland unfortunately won't be at full strength for the Cedar Grove game but hopefully they have enough depth to still pull out a W. 

55 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Looking forward to the LA vs IMG and Oakland vs Cedar Grove games. I've heard that Oakland unfortunately won't be at full strength for the Cedar Grove game but hopefully they have enough depth to still pull out a W. 

Why would Oakland not be a full strength when they have not even begun preseason camp

25 minutes ago, jhawk23 said:

Not sure but they did scrimmage Knox Catholic at TN Tech back in May. Could have happened then 

If kids are not healthy at the beginning of preseason practice I would never count on those kids being back at full strength during the season.  You may get them back on a limited basis but being able to play a full game is a completely different animal.

10 minutes ago, cbg said:

If kids are not healthy at the beginning of preseason practice I would never count on those kids being back at full strength during the season.  You may get them back on a limited basis but being able to play a full game is a completely different animal.

Eric Taylor didn't play until the second half of the season and he ended up MVP of the 6A title game. Oakland has a wealth of depth at the position in question, next man up

20 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Some of these out of state games are closer than William Blount's Region games.

Sevier county is traveling 137 minutes just so they can duck wearwood (15 minutes) and Sutherland high ( 37 minutes). Or even arrowmont ( 26 minutes) for that matter. If I was a parent I would be asking tlove13 why I gotta drive so far to watch my kid play fútbol de americano. But #JDIR. The good part is with all the driving to play bad teams LMAOc won’t have time to take shirtless selfies.