Best Rivalries in 1A/2A??

TheWacoKid

16 minutes ago, Waker said:

There is a lot more at stake again with Huntingdon/Milan being in the same district. The Milan/SG game is just for bragging. Same with Huntingdon/McKenzie. I may be wrong, but I don’t think McKenzie will hang with Huntingdon for next several years.

But Milan/SGC was in the same region. The only problem with that region was everybody knew we weren't going to beat Haywood. I do understand the severity of the Huntingdon/Milan because it's a region game now, and that'll create excitement for this rivalry. 

29 minutes ago, Waker said:

There is a lot more at stake again with Huntingdon/Milan being in the same district. The Milan/SG game is just for bragging. Same with Huntingdon/McKenzie. I may be wrong, but I don’t think McKenzie will hang with Huntingdon for next several years.

if you asked the players right now who they’d rather beat in the regular season,I bet 90% would say mckenzie.  

Gordonsville and Smith County has been an intense rivalry. SC has won a whole lot more than Gordonsville, however, the games are usually pretty close. And, all the kids know each other rather well.

In recent years, we've had a pretty good rivalry with Clay, as well.

There is also Watertown, but that has waned in recent years. Since they built the bigger school, they've handled us for the most part. However, it's still a good rivalry.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Gordonsville and Smith County has been an intense rivalry. SC has won a whole lot more than Gordonsville, however, the games are usually pretty close. And, all the kids know each other rather well.

In recent years, we've had a pretty good rivalry with Clay, as well.

There is also Watertown, but that has waned in recent years. Since they built the bigger school, they've handled us for the most part. However, it's still a good rivalry.

You mean Carthage? haha 

There is a discussion about West TN’s beat rivalries in football on West TN High School Athletics Facebook page. Lots of different rivalries mentioned. Huntingdung vs McKenzie was mentioned a few times and Milan vs South Gibson was mentioned a few times. But Milan vs Huntingdung was mentioned an overwhelming amount of times compared to the other two. You all may find the post interesting and may want to check it out. 

• Like 1