Huntingdon Mustangs vs Mckenzie rebels

horse

19 hours ago, horse said:

Which class the freshmen coming up?

No, the class that just graduated. Huntingdon is going to be a machine for the forseable future.  I know that 8th grade bunch from a couple of years ago were really good.  And, so much returning from last year. 

I like Huntingdon in this matchup, and I'm not saying that because I am a fan. Mustangs have a ton of returning players, and like Croppy mentioned, these young men have changed their bodies. Most of the kids have put on good weight and overall look much more mature than last year. Team speed will be improved.

McKenzie will have Surber as their star. If he had the same line as last year, I would be much more concerned, but with a new regime I am confident we will be able to get after the quarterback. I hope McKenzie fans don't take that like I am talking down about their new lineman stepping in. It's a compliment to the great lineman that they graduated this past year and what the Mustangs have coming back.

4 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

No, the class that just graduated. Huntingdon is going to be a machine for the forseable future.  I know that 8th grade bunch from a couple of years ago were really good.  And, so much returning from last year. 

Ok I just mis read it. I thought you were talking about one of the classes this year.  

3 hours ago, HogJowl70 said:

I like Huntingdon in this matchup, and I'm not saying that because I am a fan. Mustangs have a ton of returning players, and like Croppy mentioned, these young men have changed their bodies. Most of the kids have put on good weight and overall look much more mature than last year. Team speed will be improved.

McKenzie will have Surber as their star. If he had the same line as last year, I would be much more concerned, but with a new regime I am confident we will be able to get after the quarterback. I hope McKenzie fans don't take that like I am talking down about their new lineman stepping in. It's a compliment to the great lineman that they graduated this past year and what the Mustangs have coming back.

I understand completely.  You have build toward week 11.  Hopefully, by then, we will have a ton of experience under our belt to make a run. 

14 hours ago, footballover said:

So the real question is when is Huntingdon going to get one of those fancy multi million dollar indoor facilities? I hear they're getting a mini jumbotron. Now if the clock will just work for a full game without malfunction 

We're just waiting for Mckenzie to finish theirs so we can build one a little nicer. Can't let them Rebs stay ahead of us for long!

22 hours ago, footballover said:

So the real question is when is Huntingdon going to get one of those fancy multi million dollar indoor facilities? I hear they're getting a mini jumbotron. Now if the clock will just work for a full game without malfunction 

For real. The old one never worked. I wonder if Swenson loosened the bolts before the windstorm that brought it down? I was by there earlier in the week. Not much progress on the new scoreboard. Hope it’s installed before the first home game. The Mustangs may have to borrow the clock they use in Upward basketball for the jamboree.

• 3 weeks later...