Huntingdon Mustangs vs Mckenzie rebels

horse

On 7/25/2023 at 9:11 AM, VOLnWTN said:

On experience, Hutingdon has the advantage for sure.  They return a lot of Mustangs. McKenzie is in the rebuilding of probably the best class to ever come through.  The offensive line is going to be key.  That is said every year, but this year, it is even more so. 

Probably? Lol

I feel like Mckenzie is going to trot out a pretty team onto the field Friday. Huntingdon's run defense has been pretty stout in preseason  so I'm expecting the Reb's to air it out. Huntingdon's run game finally started to tick against Lexington Friday night. Moving big #74 back to tackle where he seems more comfortable has made a big difference. Mustang passing game has very effective in preseason. Look for this game to be very competitive.

I think McKenzie has one of the best QBs in West TN.  People will find out early how good he is.  I don’t think they have enough pieces around him though to beat the Mustangs.  I think McKenzie will be able to move the ball through the air but will struggle on the ground against this really good run defense in Huntingdon.  I think Rebels will have a hard time keeping the Mustangs from scoring. 
Mustangs 42

Rebels 28

McKenzie has a talented enough team to make this game an interesting match up. Things we don't know about this team. How much is  inexperience going to cost the Rebels in this game? How will this team respond if they get down in the game? Will they chalk it up to inexperience and look to the next week or will they keep competing. Did they have a clear goal and expectations during the summer that they put in the work and are in shape for the start of the season? That can be a difficult thing to do coming off a state title and losing that many non returning players. How big of an impact will losing key members of the coaching staff have? I think this will be a team most may write off early in the season and then become a threat come playoff time. I believe this will be Comer's best coaching performance yet and look forward to seeing these Rebels progress each week and come together in time for the playoffs.

5 hours ago, 1983 said:

I think McKenzie has one of the best QBs in West TN.  People will find out early how good he is.  I don’t think they have enough pieces around him though to beat the Mustangs.  I think McKenzie will be able to move the ball through the air but will struggle on the ground against this really good run defense in Huntingdon.  I think Rebels will have a hard time keeping the Mustangs from scoring. 
Mustangs 42

Rebels 28

Has he ever played a game at qb?