West TN Rural Top 10 Preseason

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It's not about being "better." To me, it's more about deserving. I do agree with you that Huntingdon and Riverside would lose to Henry County. I can't say that about Haywood because they seem to have some issues going on right now. If it was being "better" Henry County can go 5-5 this year, if they play Huntingdon or Riverside, I may actually lean with Henry County. 

Again, that was a Riverside team that went to Chattanooga last year. They had two losses and one of them was by a 1 point. I will say Henry County's schedule is more difficult (obviously because they're playing 5/6A schools). However, it's a fair statement to say Henry County is "better" than Riverside/Huntingdon without being the #1 team because at some point, losses have to matter. 

If I were to have a list that BPM will list next week, I would have Riverside at #1, too. But it doesn't mean they're "better" than Henry County.

I agree with you on what you said. I see these rankings more as a pound for pound rankin. 

15 hours ago, Waker said:

I agree with this. Covington is going to have a really good year. Haywood is always a beast and Henry Co is such a big school with plenty of athletes to pick from. Unless some big changes have been made, Riverside and Huntingdon is a toss up from what they both lost and bring back. It’s rare where a 1a or 2a school should be better than a 4 or 5a school.

Covington just got beat by a Single A team.

7 hours ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

Well y'all are a second round ceiling team so I guess that follows

Meant no offense but the way Wc struggled with assignments and execution reminded me of teams that always seem to finish near the bottom. I know coach Morris is a better coach than that but it didn't look pretty. 

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol. I didn’t think UC was a “real” Single A team. I heard those UC posters were looking for you Bigster. Supposedly even tried to call you….

Im easy to find.Not hiding behind screen name.Everyone in LC knows who Bigster is.They are Single A according to TSSAA,not me.But in saying that.Ive always said I like playing UC.Id rather lose to UC then play Fulton Co or City and win by 50 points 

7 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Im easy to find.Not hiding behind screen name.Everyone in LC knows who Bigster is.They are Single A according to TSSAA,not me.But in saying that.Ive always said I like playing UC.Id rather lose to UC then play Fulton Co or City and win by 50 points 

I hear you don’t answer text messages. Lol. 

8 hours ago, TrickyD said:

Looks like Haywood and Covington might be down this year but it’s still early 

Haywood may be down but I don’t think Covington is. UC should have a really good year and be tough for anyone. Did UC and Covington just play 2 quarters in the Jamboree?