West TN Rural Top 10 Preseason

I will be doing this poll again starting with week 1. However I wanted to get some discussion going so I would have plenty of input to draft a good week 1 poll. I’ve been watching some teams this preseason and got my eye on a few squads to start the year. But y’all chime in on what you have seen from your teams thus far in the preseason and make your case for why your team should be in the week 1 poll. 

Union City has played good so far this year. The beat Brighton and Trenton in scrimmages 21-7 and 21-0. Lots of hate because TSSAA moved use to 1A but used to the hate on UC. 1st 3 games of season before Region play will have us battle tested( Ensworth, USJ and Dyer Co. Have a bunch of returning starters from last years 10-3 squad. Hope for a great injury free season. My sons Senior year. 

10 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Union City has played good so far this year. The beat Brighton and Trenton in scrimmages 21-7 and 21-0. Lots of hate because TSSAA moved use to 1A but used to the hate on UC. 1st 3 games of season before Region play will have us battle tested( Ensworth, USJ and Dyer Co. Have a bunch of returning starters from last years 10-3 squad. Hope for a great injury free season. My sons Senior year. 

I think y’all will have a very good year. One of the favorites in 1A. And in regards to the haters… if you don’t have haters you ain’t doing something right. Lol. 

11 minutes ago, TrickyD said:

Still trying to weed out pretenders from contenders !  Lol

I know right. Lol!

1A 

Union City- Contender

Lake Co, McKenzie, Dresden- jury still out

2A

Riverside- Contender

Huntingdung- Contender

Milan- jury still out

3A

Covington + Dburg- Contenders

Westview- jury still out

4A

Haywood- Contender

Crockett, Hardin Co., South Gibson- jury still out

5A-Henry Co- contender

Munford- Jury still out

D2

USJ, JCS, Fayette Academy- jury still out

7 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think y’all will have a very good year. One of the favorites in 1A. And in regards to the haters… if you don’t have haters you ain’t doing something right. Lol. 

Very true. It may be because I originally from Milan the reason I get so many haters. Milan has been hated on for years.

Got two cousins with championship rings from Milan. I played at OCCHS for Coach Shanks. Decided to send my son to Union City because I love their program and the education. Good thing Milan and Union City both are Purple because I always told them I had purple blood running through my veins. Grew up watching George Kidd running all over people while the legend John Tucker was roaming the sidelines.

3 minutes ago, Tornado82 said:

Got two cousins with championship rings from Milan. I played at OCCHS for Coach Shanks. Decided to send my son to Union City because I love their program and the education. Good thing Milan and Union City both are Purple because I always told them I had purple blood running through my veins. Grew up watching George Kidd running all over people while the legend John Tucker was roaming the sidelines.

I grew up during that time period too. Great time to be a bulldog football fan.