West TN Rural Top 10 Preseason

1 minute ago, ManOfMillions said:

I think it is entirely too early to tell much. I have seen years where a team looks primed to win the state and 4 weeks into the season you find out they are not very good... I love seeing the T get going over some football!

Once the top teams start playing each other we will find out who the real contenders are 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I think it will make Haywood more 1 dimensional where they will have to rely more on the running game. But honestly there was such a talent gap between them and the other West TN 4A teams I think they will still be at the top of list as far as West TN 4A goes. 

Agree. Don’t think anyone will close the gap enough in 4A to challenge Haywood. I figure they’ll have one of those athletes over there emerge as a suitable replacement at QB. 1 and 2A is gonna be interesting though. A lot of big matchups to look forward to. Should be a fun year! 

One thing I learned from last year is to not believe in what everyone is going to say on this message board. A lot of people are overhyping their respected team, which is fine. However, their team is going to end up being a disappointment. Strength of schedule will disappoint some teams as well. 

I do believe there is a clear cut #1. I am high on some teams more than others. I'm a fan of South Gibson, I'm a fan of Jackson Christian. I do believe there maybe 3 teams should discussed at the 1 spot. However, one team separates the others. Everything else should fall in place.

Edited by TryNotToSuck

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know right. Lol!

1A 

Union City- Contender

Lake Co, McKenzie, Dresden- jury still out

2A

Riverside- Contender

Huntingdung- Contender

Milan- jury still out

3A

Covington + Dburg- Contenders

Westview- jury still out

4A

Haywood- Contender

Crockett, Hardin Co., South Gibson- jury still out

5A-Henry Co- contender

Munford- Jury still out

D2

USJ, JCS, Fayette Academy- jury still out

Should find out pretty quickly if HC is for real with a Week 2 game against Riverdale 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Who did y’all scrimmage last night and how did it go?  I was told that Dyer Co outscored y’all last week 4-3 but y’all had some tds called back by penalty. I agree with you that y’all will be just fine. 

I'm not sure of they had a scrimmage last night. I'm being told we have a jamboree at haywood vs north side this friday.

14 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

They scrimmaged MBA last night and barely edged them out in 2qtrs of varsity action. That says a lot. I think the game with Riverdale will be a good one. 

It does say alot, but MBA is reloading much like Henry is. Riverdale should be probably a top team 10 in 6A to start, so they hang tough in that matchup I'll be a believer