Roadrunners Comes To Alnwick…WB vs AE Week #1

GovMan

1 hour ago, GovMan said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not certain these two schools have ever played each other in football. Basketball a few times but I never remember  them playing football.

Predictions? Thoughts on the game?  

I'm not sure what either team has returning this year, but AE usually has speed at several key positions.  WB was so down last year, surely they're going to be improved this year.

I'm gonna say AE 42  WB 6

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GovMan said:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m not certain these two schools have ever played each other in football. Basketball a few times but I never remember  them playing football.

Predictions? Thoughts on the game?  

Coach Wendle will have them boys ready. Always got to be prepared for the press. Uhhh….wait a second….you did really mean football.

Hopefully, the govs can run the ball and shorten the game. They’re not called the roadrunners for nothing.

I'm not saying this to hurt anyone's feelings but someone we know who has seen the worst teams you could imagine told us last year that WB was the absolute worst team in 6A. The feeder program was totally dry for a while which contributes to this mess. I don't blame the present coach but WB is setting in the same exact seat Heritage has been in for the most part of 33 years and once you land in that seat it is like trying to pull yourself out of quicksand. Union County is the only team WB has a prayer of winning. 

Supposably they play Sequoyah Tuesday in a scrimmage whice may be a better sign on how they may fair this year. You have the worst 6A team playing the worst 5A team from last year and the only way is up because their both at the dead bottom. If one out shines the other there may be hope a win or two may be in the near future. If they both struggle and play dead even the losing streaks will continue on. Scores really don't matter. it's how well they move the ball and what they play like defensively. This actually is a good scrimmage for both teams. 

I sat down last night out of curiosity and watched the replay of the WB and Moristown West game from last year after someone had told us from upper Tennessee they were the worst 6A team they have ever seen. The one question I have about their program is every single year their senior class dewells down to just a few players which was 6 seniors during that game. WB had a hand full of freshmen starting or playing and also the qb got hurt halfway through the first quarter. They drove 65 yards the first series which most was on a 50 yard pass for the first touchdown but gave up 468 yards at the half and went in down 49-7. There was another 300-400 yards called back on Mo East due to a whistle happy official that made the whole game about himself. Mo East was a 4-7 team overall last year and wore WB out 62-7 and for a team that did so much offensively in that game came down to Maryville the following week and laid a big goose egg in a 49-0 loss. I'm sure they are trying to work their way out of this by a giant youth movement and taking their hits today and hopefully pays off tomorrow but I'm curious why the senior class drops off like this every year. It's been like that forever and you would think the returning players coming back all these years would have helped get this program out of the rut it's been in.