Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

I see this game being won at the LOS...Bearden is huge up front, while West is more undersized than in years past. If Bearden gets the running game going then that will setup the playaction pass against an inexperienced West defensive back field that has been torched at scrimmages so far.

On the otherside of the ball its the same story only i dont think the Bearden Dbs are as young at that position and are bigger up front. 

As much as Id love to see West win, I think its Beardens turn this year in the series.

Bearden 28 West 13

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

I see this game being won at the LOS...Bearden is huge up front, while West is more undersized than in years past. If Bearden gets the running game going then that will setup the playaction pass against an inexperienced West defensive back field that has been torched at scrimmages so far.

On the otherside of the ball its the same story only i dont think the Bearden Dbs are as young at that position and are bigger up front. 

As much as Id love to see West win, I think its Beardens turn this year in the series.

Bearden 28 West 13

Dang, 28-13. I think it will be a lot closer than that. I have the final score at 34-31. West has a very good defense, and I think Bearden is just going to rely on the run too much. Although we have a very large offensive line, one of the biggest in school history i’m going to guess, West still has a very good defense.

And for what we have on the offensive line, we lack on the defensive line. I mean, we lose every starter on the defensive line, and we have two sophomores and a junior on the line, so both teams have their flaws.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Bearden vs. West is always a good game, but this year this game seems to mean a little bit more.

Saturday at 12 in the morning on ABC and on the rivalry showcase should be a good game or a blowout for both teams, but I can’t see it happening.

This is the first time in a while that these two teams are playing, and West is the underdog, but I think the underdog wins this one. I believe in Bearden, but I think West has been quiet all offseason, and I think that’s for a reason, from what I heard, that got the QB situation dealt with, so I think Bearden is a very good team but West will just be too much for them. I got West winning 30-20.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Dawgz4life said:

Dang, 28-13. I think it will be a lot closer than that. I have the final score at 34-31. West has a very good defense, and I think Bearden is just going to rely on the run too much. Although we have a very large offensive line, one of the biggest in school history i’m going to guess, West still has a very good defense.

And for what we have on the offensive line, we lack on the defensive line. I mean, we lose every starter on the defensive line, and we have two sophomores and a junior on the line, so both teams have their flaws.

34-31 sounds super accurate  

West will be the better coached/prepared team as they have a better coaching staff by far. I see West getting creative in their defensive strategies and getting Jones to abandon the run early. From everything I have seen, beardens offense circles around the gallaton kid and when they can’t run it with him, they will try to include him in their pass game making them one dimensional giving West the advantage

West 10

Bearden 7 

Kind of funny what this game represents. IMO it’s the changing of the guard in the recruiting/transfer war. West has, for last 5-10 years won a lot of recruiting wars under the guise of their “IB”(irritable bowel) program. 

Now a couple of things is working against the Webels. One, Bearden hiring the shadiest staff in the state that will stop at no lengths to pull kids from anywhere.  And two, the West principal doesn’t have as much focus on the football team since her son has graduated. 

When the All-Star Boodogs beat West on Saturday, it will officially be the changing of the guard in West Knox County. 

On 8/11/2023 at 1:39 PM, Elias287 said:

This is the first time in a while that these two teams are playing, and West is the underdog, but I think the underdog wins this one. I believe in Bearden, but I think West has been quiet all offseason, and I think that’s for a reason, from what I heard, that got the QB situation dealt with, so I think Bearden is a very good team but West will just be too much for them. I got West winning 30-20.

Well I don’t think west is considered the “underdog”, I would probably still say it’s Bearden 

3 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

West will be the better coached/prepared team as they have a better coaching staff by far. I see West getting creative in their defensive strategies and getting Jones to abandon the run early. From everything I have seen, beardens offense circles around the gallaton kid and when they can’t run it with him, they will try to include him in their pass game making them one dimensional giving West the advantage

West 10

Bearden 7 

I could see it; I think it’s going to come down to who gets tired faster, West’s defense or Bearden’s offense.

And Bearden still has a very good defense. They can be the difference in this game as well.