Bearden VS West Week 1

Dawgz4life

On 8/15/2023 at 7:54 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Talked to some very knowledgeable Football Coaches......they all picked Bearden. Hmmm. 

Just like Elias you need some other very knowledgeable Football Coaches. None of them were right. I think you and Elias are talking to the same coaches that aren't very knowledgeable. I guess you didn't talk to West coaches. They look like the most Knowledgeable Football Coaches right now.

Incredible football game.  

Bearden still has an opportunity to take a huge step forward this year.  But they have to cut down on penalties, and especially at key times, and find a way to consistently throw the football down field.  

West showed some real moxy by making Bearden pay for not cashing in on opportunities to put them in a deep hole in the first half.  But that's what good teams do, and even though they lost a ton of guy to graduation, that defense is still among the best in East Tennessee.  

Fun game to watch.  

And I found it interesting that a guy who was kicked out of a game a couple of years back for not respecting the officials, and while wearing a mask at that, said on the air that you have to respect officials.  Oh, the irony.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, HTV said:

Incredible football game.  

Bearden still has an opportunity to take a huge step forward this year.  But they have to cut down on penalties, and especially at key times, and find a way to consistently throw the football down field.  

West showed some real moxy by making Bearden pay for not cashing in on opportunities to put them in a deep hole in the first half.  But that's what good teams do, and even though they lost a ton of guy to graduation, that defense is still among the best in East Tennessee.  

Fun game to watch.  

And I found it interesting that a guy who was kicked out of a game a couple of years back for not respecting the officials, and while wearing a mask at that, said on the air that you have to respect officials.  Oh, the irony.  

Money, power, and access trumps everything in HS Football around here.

2 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Just like Elias you need some other very knowledgeable Football Coaches. None of them were right. I think you and Elias are talking to the same coaches that aren't very knowledgeable. I guess you didn't talk to West coaches. They look like the most Knowledgeable Football Coaches right now.

Get you some reading glasses old man!:thumb:

Old Man With Thick Glasses GIFs | Tenor

I called West in a close win Tuesday! Go back a read if you can!:lol:

Reading Big Eyes GIF - Reading Big Eyes Glasses - Discover & Share GIFs

So my thoughts - 

Passing Game - West

Running Game - Even

Special Teams - Bearden

Coaching Staff - West times at least two

Cajones- West

Considering the number of kids West had starting their first varsity game, I have to give them credit for pulling it out.  They made mistakes early but just flat out refused to lose. 

Edited by MeritIII
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/14/2023 at 1:05 AM, bendover13 said:

West will lose and lose big imo. I like the 28-13 score but I'm going to up this score. Let's say 35-13. Bearden is building something special, and I don't care how it's happening recruiting, training, or coaching. It's all of the above ! They have one of if not the best staffs in Knoxville and are only doing what other teams in their region are doing. Look at Cleveland and Bradley Central. Maryville, Alcoa, Greeneville, West, and Farragut have done the same for years. These 6a coaches better learn to coach like in GA or TX because the days of winning with best kids will lose your kid to someone else.  You want to win you best learn to coach and recruit. 

This did not age well.  But I will agree - it was “special”.   You may want to work on how you define “best staffs” - Bearden definitely got out coached and out played today.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MeritIII said:

So my thoughts - 

Passing Game - West

Running Game - Even

Special Teams - Bearden

Coaching Staff - West times at least two

Cajones- West

Considering the number of kids West had starting their first varsity game, I have to give them credit for pulling it out.  They made mistakes early but just flat out refused to lose. 

Meritt, 

Thats the difference between a team and a program with a winning culture. Ill let the posters decide which team fits each category.

• Like 1