South Pittsburg at Winchester (Stone Cold vs Tracy the Pro Hayworth)

Southtowner

40 minutes ago, powerp said:

Lol There will be a team that is no where close as talented who will try to push their buttons and get certain players to react for sure. 

I agree. I hope we  learn to control our emotions better than last night. Those type of penalties could cost us in games that mean a lot more than the one last night.  

1 hour ago, Pirate2003 said:

Any truth to a police officer, and someone else not associated with the team getting flagged for 30 yards on one of these last night?  That’s what I was told this morning. 

My understanding is yes and no. One person was not associated with the team and one was. I don't know the details, but apparently one said something that the refs didn't like. I'm not sure what the other one did. I was told that the officiating at last week's Franklin County game was even worse. 

It was bad last night, but at least it wasn't one sided. Both fan bases had plenty to complain about.

Edited by The Drunken Sailor

52 minutes ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Heyworth at FC will be the exact same disaster that it was at Grundy.  Take that to the bank. 

You must not be familiar with FC football the last 2 decades. Lol. It's not Hayworths fault at all. Grundy is a #### bag school. The cards were stacked against him there from the start. Too many brother sister marriages there.... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Heyworth at FC will be the exact same disaster that it was at Grundy.  Take that to the bank. 

From what I've read, he's actually got a pretty good vision for what he wants to do. Couple that with the fact that he's got a few good ball players on the team right now and he might be a good hire.

He's definitely got more talent right now than he ever had at Grundy.

• Upvote 1

Franklin County is lucky to have Tracy Hayworth as their head coach. 

Heck,  FC was lucky to have the head man before him.  

The thing with FC,  they don't seem to give their football program what they need to succeed.   Meaning,  they handcuff the head coach.  Therefore,  it's extremely difficult to build upon any foundation.  Because it's constantly being tore down and back to square one.  Again and again.

• Like 2

I think it would be a good idea for us to wear white undershirts when we wear our visiting Stormtrooper uniforms. 

On several occasions, especially the 1st quarter,  our players were being sent to the sidelines constantly to tuck in their black undershirts.  

Maybe the white on white won't be as glaring to the refs, especially the White hat guy.

After a sweaty , muggy,  long first quarter they backed off quiet a bit on the undergarments hanging out.

I guess the White hat heard my thoughts when I had had enough of the nonsense and I muttered to myself,  "which would you rather see, a lil bit of undershirt hanging out or those big boys azz's hanging out.  Good grief.  'Twas ridiculous.  

So,  let's go with white underneath. Ok? 

Go Pirates!!

2 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

Never met the man but I had a friend whose son played for Grundy and know a volunteer assistant. Very non chalant in practices. Even washed a vehicle while assistants ran the practices. Maybe he's changed or maybe had lost hope in Grundy at the time.