MacMinn @Cleveland

fooseball95

31 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

If everyone stays on the train the program will be hard to stop. Maryville kinda similar in that they run their programs from youth league, feeder Middle Schools and High School the philosophy.  They are so strong fundamentally that it allows coaches to coach and not have to go back and teach tackling, blocking, wrapping up, pass defense and so on. I am planning foregoing the miserable Blackman season and coming to a few of the Cleveland games 

Maryville has a philosophy?? That's news to me....

4 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I was at the Brentwood game it was not even close.....

I'm not going to derail this thread but Blackman graduated everybody on offense and their defense was terrible under Tygard. Brentwood could very well be the West representative for the BCB. Playing physical is a mentality and Kriesky will get them there. 

As for this game, I think McMinn keeps this game closer than some think. McMinn will be able to limit possessions. I don't endorse comparing scores but it'll be interesting comparing how they did against Bradley to how they do against Cleveland 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

I'm not going to derail this thread but Blackman graduated everybody on offense and their defense was terrible under Tygard. Brentwood could very well be the West representative for the BCB. Playing physical is a mentality and Kriesky will get them there. 

As for this game, I think McMinn keeps this game closer than some think. McMinn will be able to limit possessions. I don't endorse comparing scores but it'll be interesting comparing how they did against Bradley to how they do against Cleveland 

I think Kriesky inherited a program with a depleted roster and lacking in physicality. 

8 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

They are all on the same page from the ground up.... and you aremt trying to teach seniors how to wrap up and tackle or hand placement for blocks....always fundamentally solid well coached teams

I would imagine it's not uncommon for other youth teams to have good coaches who teach the fundamentals. There are plenty of good coaches out there and it's hard for me to believe that Maryville has a monopoly on all of them.

To me, our success at Maryville has been based around having 2 really good feeder programs. Having both allows double the amount of kids getting quality playing time which is invaluable. Both programs have their share of good coaches at each level, but the ability to get so many kids on the field in meaningful games really helps their development before they hit the Junior High and play for one program (MJHS).

14 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I would imagine it's not uncommon for other youth teams to have good coaches who teach the fundamentals. There are plenty of good coaches out there and it's hard for me to believe that Maryville has a monopoly on all of them.

To me, our success at Maryville has been based around having 2 really good feeder programs. Having both allows double the amount of kids getting quality playing time which is invaluable. Both programs have their share of good coaches at each level, but the ability to get so many kids on the field in meaningful games really helps their development before they hit the Junior High and play for one program (MJHS).

Don't get me wrong. Blackman has a great youth program, Middle school is a pretty good program. Ultimately you have good programs , with good coaches, good talent and that's were it goes Arye, The good players in youth league get the instruction while little Johnny is picking his nose drinking  a capri sun .  They grow up and hit middle school and now play middle school where they are zoned. Half your kids coming into middle school now have no clue on fundamentals. So the ones that had some coaching and experience in youth league are now playing both ways with a mix of a few that just happen to mature a little early and have a little size.  Finally High School hits, and half that talent runs off to 1 of the 5 area high schools or is poached by a couple of the Nashville privates with full  tuition paid . Thats where I "think" Maryville is different. Those players(all of them) are so fundamentally sound much like Oakland has become with Coaches at all levels on the same page.