AP 2A TOP TEN AUGUST 22, 2023

Southtowner

2 hours ago, Salem said:

They've had some head scratching postseason losses. 2017 Cornersville was a big one. After vowing revenge for a year Cornersville beat them at home in 2018. An undefeated Mustang team lost at home to Lake County in 2019 (that was a toss up).  In 2020 they were run off their home field by Moore Co and a freshman D White. 2021 close loss to MASE. and 2022 after beating Riverside by 4 TDs in September they lose at home by 2TDs in the quarterfinals. Those are all tough losses that went against them and home playoff losses are hard on fans. 

I went to the lake county game and lake was the better team. That game was way better than LC and Greenback.

Those others you mentioned were better teams also in my opinion. Just because the mustangs hasn’t made it to the big show in a while I still think there are couple of years where they had the second best team in 1A and 2A. The west has been stacked for years with great teams.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

I can assure you I didn’t. I’m a Waverly guy why would I 

I know you are. The question you asked seemed a bit argumentative. Not that you meant it that way. I just expressed a bit of frustration, just like every other fan when their team falls short every year. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

The majority of coaches never change their philosophy with their offense. They believe in what they run and will take it with them wherever they go. That’s just the way it is. They either win with it or lose with it, but will never change. Don’t think there being stubborn, it’s just what they know and believe in. But when you run into a defensive coordinator that knows how to stop these type offenses, then your in trouble with a small play book. It works fine, till it dont.

And the last thing a team with a small playbook can do is get caught by tipping. Very easily to do the further along into the season.

7 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

And the last thing a team with a small playbook can do is get caught by tipping. Very easily to do the further along into the season.

Very true. That’s the problem with a one dimensional  offense is there’s no adjusting to the defense and if you go against a good D coach that has the right personnel that can assignment defense then you can shut an offense down or at least limit their scoring. When these teams find themselves in a hole it’s hard to catch up with a methodical type offense. That’s why I like a spread offense because you can take what the D is giving up. That don’t mean throwing every down but having balance with your offense. Some say Huntington has not been blessed with a throwing QB but I say they’ve never been given the opportunity. Huntington has always impressed me with their athletes so I’m not knocking them at all. Just don’t particularly like a one dimensional offense. Jus my opinion which don’t mean much

Edited by Tigersandcats
Misspelled word
  • Like 1