Sumner County stadium issues

MJGOLDENBEARS

2 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I think GWave is refencing replacing the home side, not moving the whole deal to campus. If they replaced the home side, it would all be new at that point. Gates, concessions, press box, bathrooms and all on both sides

This is exactly what I was meaning.  You don’t move the field just replace the aging home side.  

4 minutes ago, DubbC said:

Gallatin has so much potential, but needs a big face lift. They need it more than ever with their facilities lagging behind the rest of Sumner Co.

Have you visited the weight room recently? Walked through the locker room? Indoor facility? Been at the first home game this year with the new away side that is literally brand new? 

10 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Have you visited the weight room recently? Walked through the locker room? Indoor facility? Been at the first home game this year with the new away side that is literally brand new? 

I was referring to the stadium facilities. I’ve seen the new visiting bleachers. 

Still think the home side, concessions, restrooms, visiting locker room (if you can call it that) are still in major need of upgrading.

Just now, DubbC said:

I was referring to the stadium facilities. I’ve seen the new visiting bleachers. 

Still think the home side, concessions, restrooms, visiting locker room (if you can call it that) are still in major need of upgrading.

They aren't done with upgrades yet. They got it ready enough to play games this year, then more to come. We'll see what's to come with the home side, but I think it is still a pretty cool venue and it's still the largest stadium in the county. and most others as well. & Away restrooms are pretty nice i'd say. Brand new building & air conditioned. 

3 minutes ago, tandem said:

Temp bleachers were being unloaded off trucks at Shackle Island Stadium when a school board member stepped in and said they hadn't been approved.  Bleachers were loaded up and taken away.  Not sure if or when Beech will get temporary bleachers for games this year.

Is it because the old structures need to be demo'd?

14 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Is it because the old structures need to be demo'd?

Was told it was because the board hadn't approved temp bleachers yet.  Temps won't be sitting where the old bleachers were. Curious what others (HHS, Portland) are doing about temp bleachers so far.  Beech's were on the ground but was told the board made them load them back up and take them back.

4 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

This whole ordeal makes what some Texas districts have done start to make sense – sink several million dollars into a first class, district-wide complex instead of trying to make sure every school has properly maintained stands. I wonder if any Middle TN districts will ever take that approach.

We have one stadium for all of the high schools in our district.

29 minutes ago, tandem said:

Was told it was because the board hadn't approved temp bleachers yet.  Temps won't be sitting where the old bleachers were. Curious what others (HHS, Portland) are doing about temp bleachers so far.  Beech's were on the ground but was told the board made them load them back up and take them back.

3 sections of the temp bleachers are set up on the visitor side at Hville.  Home games coming up are Northeast this week and Brentwood next week.