Sumner County stadium issues

MJGOLDENBEARS

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

I guess we can bring this back up.  County Commission does not approve or even vote on the spending money to replace the condemned stadiums.   

The citizens of Sumner County are getting exactly what they voted for.  Maybe this will encourage everyone to both register and vote!  

9 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

Has the SCBOE taken a resolution to the County Commission for repairs/replacements

The Director of the schools wanted to move $15 million in reserve funds to use for the stadiums.  The County Commission wanted a list of how much things would cost which the director did not provide.  The County Commission then did not get a vote seconded to address moving the funds.  Political in fighting.  

49 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

The Director of the schools wanted to move $15 million in reserve funds to use for the stadiums.  The County Commission wanted a list of how much things would cost which the director did not provide.  The County Commission then did not get a vote seconded to address moving the funds.  Political in fighting.  

If that’s the way it went, I have to disagree with political in fighting. If the Director of schools wanted funds for the use of stadium repair/updates he should have known and had proper documentation of bids and cost estimates of what the money was to be used for. Sounds to me, if it went the way you say it did, the Director of schools dropped the ball and showed his lack of competence of the situation. I have no dog in this fight living in Robertson county but would like to see all the schools involved get the needed repairs in a timely manner. There’s just a way how to and how not to.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DbCooper said:

If that’s the way it went, I have to disagree with political in fighting. If the Director of schools wanted funds for the use of stadium repair/updates he should have known and had proper documentation of bids and cost estimates of what the money was to be used for. Sounds to me, if it went the way you say it did, the Director of schools dropped the ball and showed his lack of competence of the situation. I have no dog in this fight living in Robertson county but would like to see all the schools involved get the needed repairs in a timely manner. There’s just a way how to and how not to.

He either dropped the ball or did it on purpose so the general masses would rally around him and against the commission.  Trust me it’s political in fighting and both sides are to blame.  You have one side who has spent money for whatever and one side who wants to spend no money at all.  When the former super left, he left a mess.