Tha boyz frum 825 travull two Boo and tha Bares

STARSNBARS

14 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Well that is what I was told years ago by someone that should know... Maryville person said that to me many moons ago. Maybe it's changed but that is what I was led to understand by a long time fan back then.

The basic thing they learn through the feeder system is discipline. The junior high and the high school are so polar opposite it's unbelievable how that's went out so long. I watched for years GQ would have 90 players and the majority of them would get in the ball game at some point. Then you would watch the junior high play and have 60 players and most of the starters went both ways and it would be a miracle if 20 kids even got in a ball game in a runaway. Most people on here that are a part of the Maryville program will tell you I'm not bull$#1+ing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alt1958b said:

Well that is what I was told years ago by someone that should know... Maryville person said that to me many moons ago. Maybe it's changed but that is what I was led to understand by a long time fan back then.

Yep, I heard it dozens of times. I even heard John Wilkerson talking about it one afternoon on sports talk LOL! Of course, it’s fake news.

I think it was generally something that parents told themselves to help justify taking their kid to Murvil. “Better hurry and get them over there.” Whatever it takes, as long as they get there.!
(I wish Junior would’ve ran some three men fronts against us back in the day! Lol. We might have had some first downs.)

Edited by strongx

1 hour ago, alt1958b said:

Well straighten out your own people form 20 years ago. LOLOL THEY are the ones who said it, and I know they had kids there at the time. 

See Strong and Barney's comments above. Maybe your friend's kids played HS there, but from what you say it doesn't sound like they played for either of the feeder club.

Both programs have great sets of coaches (at all 3 levels) who've been doing it a long time. Similar to what Barney said, the secret is both clubs get to suit up a bunch of kids that earn quality PT.

Edited by JSamson7

21 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The basic thing they learn through the feeder system is discipline. The junior high and the high school are so polar opposite it's unbelievable how that's went out so long. I watched for years GQ would have 90 players and the majority of them would get in the ball game at some point. Then you would watch the junior high play and have 60 players and most of the starters went both ways and it would be a miracle if 20 kids even got in a ball game in a runaway. Most people on here that are a part of the Maryville program will tell you I'm not bull$#1+ing.

100% agree

On 8/26/2023 at 11:34 AM, REBELRON said:

It gets real this week.  Boo Carter is electric in the open field.  I saw where Bradley had 40 points at halftime on the defending 2A state Champs Tyner. Maryville will have to play well to win this game.  

in this case...there is absolutely zero nilch notta comparison in this years Ram team and last

Booger just sayin:thumb:

• Upvote 1