Riverside @ Peabody Week 3

RHSPanther15

1 hour ago, thunderbolts said:

I don't know about if both Ganaways are still playing D1. I know one of them is at UT, but you might want to check about Mr. Football. Everybody is naming the skill guys which I get, but I don't think any of them have made there respective college football teams travel squad yet. I believe Dickson has with Army, but everyone else has not. Two of the lineman from last year are having great camps and I believe both of them are making there travel squads from day one. If you know anything about college football you haven't really arrived on the team unless you make the travel squad. All you are is a practice body until you make the travel squad. The average fan didn't know how good Peabody had it with the boys up front the last few years, and how well prepared Coach Driggers had those guys day in and day out. 

I talked to their dad just a few weeks ago. One is in Martin, the other is in KTown. Both of kids were absolute ballers. Do not really know them personally, I just know what I saw on the field. 

23 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I talked to their dad just a few weeks ago. One is in Martin, the other is in KTown. Both of kids were absolute ballers. Do not really know them personally, I just know what I saw on the field. 

https://utmsports.com/sports/football/roster?sort=name

UTMartin Football Roster 2023.

Not bashing him because he is a great kid, but when you win an award like Mr. Football you don't do it alone. When you don't thank your teammates that created the holes for you to gain that award I personally think it says a lot about your character. Those guys are the guys that busted their tales and the cream rises to the top. Those are the guys that have continued to work hard and are working their butts off in college when they have faced adversity. At the college level everybody is good, what can you do to separate yourself from the other guy that also is a stud athlete.

18 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Respectively, I disagree. The talent is NOT there. You can lie to yourself if you want, but the talent is not there... If I knew you personally I would give you a more personalized explanation. Sorry man, but the Peabody train is off the tracks for a while. 

I mean Peabody is talented enough and Coach Jacobs is a heck of a coach. I doubt we'll see them at 1-9 or 2-8 anytime soon but for the most part I'll agree. They have some great talent at certain positions and others lack compared to recent years. I just don't see the talent as a whole coming even close to recent years. Reps will improve their play for sure but there's still a lower ceiling than recent teams. It's got to be very concerning a line that big can't get a decent push off the ball. 

3 minutes ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

I mean Peabody is talented enough and Coach Jacobs is a heck of a coach. I doubt we'll see them at 1-9 or 2-8 anytime soon but for the most part I'll agree. They have some great talent at certain positions and others lack compared to recent years. I just don't see the talent as a whole coming even close to recent years. Reps will improve their play for sure but there's still a lower ceiling than recent teams. It's got to be very concerning a line that big can't get a decent push off the ball. 

. Coach Jacobs and company will get it together. The entire staff is too good to go 1-9 or 2-8. You do not win like they have since they started and not be world class coached. A really young team with a lot of learning to do. Also, the first 3 teams they play are playoff bound and Riverside is probably favored to win the Gold. 

4 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

. Coach Jacobs and company will get it together. The entire staff is too good to go 1-9 or 2-8. You do not win like they have since they started and not be world class coached. A really young team with a lot of learning to do. Also, the first 3 teams they play are playoff bound and Riverside is probably favored to win the Gold. 

Adamsville game next week will be big. I hope they get it together. Coaches are good coaches for sure but their job is harder now losing all the talent we mentioned. Will be interesting. Hopefully they will improve as the year goes on. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Adamsville game next week will be big. I hope they get it together. Coaches are good coaches for sure but their job is harder now losing all the talent we mentioned. Will be interesting. Hopefully they will improve as the year goes on. 

Adamsville game should be a dandy to watch. The fight for the fourth spot the way I see it as of now. I know the old region 7 you never knew who was going to win. Everybody was good!

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Just now, vandyfan1 said:

Adamsville game should be a dandy to watch. The fight for the fourth spot the way I see it as of now. I know the old region 7 you never knew who was going to win. Everybody was good!

Even your team had a couple of good years. 

1 hour ago, ItsAlwaysSunnyInAtwood said:

What I’ve seen is the oline and penalties are killing them. 

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Ought to be interesting for sure. Gibson County has a few players but we just don't have the numbers. Can we make a game with some decent teams?! Sure but we just are thin. If I had to bet I would say Adamsville and Peabody winner would have a good shot. 

8 hours ago, thunderbolts said:

I don't know about if both Ganaways are still playing D1. I know one of them is at UT, but you might want to check about Mr. Football. Everybody is naming the skill guys which I get, but I don't think any of them have made there respective college football teams travel squad yet. I believe Dickson has with Army, but everyone else has not. Two of the lineman from last year are having great camps and I believe both of them are making there travel squads from day one. If you know anything about college football you haven't really arrived on the team unless you make the travel squad. All you are is a practice body until you make the travel squad. The average fan didn't know how good Peabody had it with the boys up front the last few years, and how well prepared Coach Driggers had those guys day in and day out. 

Glad to know this guy can understand the landscape of college football! Travel part consists around 70 players. Starters and backup's are obviously the ones to go, and special teams can go as well. Yes, you can still be apart of the travel squad if you are on the kickoff team, maybe the 2nd string in that spot as well.

3 things are hurting Peabody right now.

1) It's no secret, graduation

2) No offense to the Peabody faithful, but it appears none of these players are going to be at the top like Driggers, Dickson, Gallaway, etc. Not saying they can't be, but as of now, they're not. However, I've watched Peabody developmental teams in the previous years, and this is not a surprised to me. 

3) They're not in 1A anymore. They're not playing Liberty, Obion Central, or South Side anymore in non-region games. They're not playing Halls, Humboldt, Lake County, Greenfield, and West Carroll anymore. When you combine 1 and 2, with the schedule of Milan, JCS, Huntingdon, Riverside, USJ, and Adamsville, you're going to struggle. It's just reality. Region 7-2A has programs, Region 7-1A are just teams.

The game against Adamsville is a huge game. However, don't forget Camden right now. Lions have scored 103 points right now. However, they've allowed 102. But the ability to score is something in itself that will help! Winning games 17-14 and relying on defense is not a sustainable way to be successful.