Riverside @ Peabody Week 3

RHSPanther15

32 minutes ago, Waker said:

The reason I asked that question is I saw Trenton Middle School play last night. In the championship years Trenton Middle was a pretty solid bunch and you could see the talent getting ready to roll through. Last night they lost 56-8. I don’t remember them getting positive yards in the first half. It surprised me to be honest.

Huntingdon gets their talent from the middle school program. I don’t think there is but 2 kids on their high school team that wasn’t on their middle school team. 1 of those was from here and moved away and came back.

So that’s why I asked the poster that said Peabody was reloading. Huntingdon doesn’t get many people moving in. Does Peabody? I wasn’t trying to down Peabody. It was a truthful question. How are they reloading?

I left at halftime of the Huntingdon - Trenton middle school game last night with the young Mustangs leading 44-0. Trenton was disorganized making mistake after mistake while the young Mustangs looked like a well oiled machine. Our youth football program is excellent producing very good teams year after year. We get our kids to buy in early and it shows in the performance of our middle school team. Our kids are fundamentally sound when they arrive at the high school level. Strong youth football is the key to being consistent in high school. Huntingdon doesn't rebuild we reload!

On 9/6/2023 at 12:17 PM, Waker said:

The reason I asked that question is I saw Trenton Middle School play last night. In the championship years Trenton Middle was a pretty solid bunch and you could see the talent getting ready to roll through. Last night they lost 56-8. I don’t remember them getting positive yards in the first half. It surprised me to be honest.

Huntingdon gets their talent from the middle school program. I don’t think there is but 2 kids on their high school team that wasn’t on their middle school team. 1 of those was from here and moved away and came back.

So that’s why I asked the poster that said Peabody was reloading. Huntingdon doesn’t get many people moving in. Does Peabody? I wasn’t trying to down Peabody. It was a truthful question. How are they reloading?

I’m not keeping up with it as close as I was at one time. I was told the 7-8th grade team started the season pretty good. The 2014 and 2020 team was a combination of classes that made them successful. It’s much better to have a few kids from each class that are good than just the seniors.  Milan had a freshman class that went undefeated then didn’t do much the other three years. @bigpurplemachine do you remember ? 

42 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I’m not keeping up with it as close as I was at one time. I was told the 7-8th grade team started the season pretty good. The 2014 and 2020 team was a combination of classes that made them successful. It’s much better to have a few kids from each class that are good than just the seniors.  Milan had a freshman class that went undefeated then didn’t do much the other three years. @bigpurplemachine do you remember ? 

Yeah I think they were seniors in 2016 or 2017. It was the year Jacob Rimmer was a senior. His class. He was the big O lineman  that went to Duke. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Yeah I think they were seniors in 2016 or 2017. It was the year Jacob Rimmer was a senior. His class. He was the big O lineman  that went to Duke. 

That’s sounds about right. Remember the lineman you are talking about. It just goes to show. Things change kids stall out in growing or shoot like a rocket and get big later on in high school lots of factors 

On 9/6/2023 at 1:04 PM, Croppygenius said:

I left at halftime of the Huntingdon - Trenton middle school game last night with the young Mustangs leading 44-0. Trenton was disorganized making mistake after mistake while the young Mustangs looked like a well oiled machine. Our youth football program is excellent producing very good teams year after year. We get our kids to buy in early and it shows in the performance of our middle school team. Our kids are fundamentally sound when they arrive at the high school level. Strong youth football is the key to being consistent in high school. Huntingdon doesn't rebuild we reload!

Warms my heart to know that all these young mustangs get to full-fill their dreams of losing every year in the 3rd round of the TSSAA playoffs. 

soup for the soul

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PeskyPole said:

Warms my heart to know that all these young mustangs get to full-fill their dreams of losing every year in the 3rd round of the TSSAA playoffs. 

soup for the soul

You poor jealous soul. You know the Mustangs have the #1 winning percentage in the history of west Tennessee.  Our kids have plenty to be proud of. Bet we can beat your team whoever that is!

On 9/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

When I was in 8th grade at Milan middle we went 1-6 in football. The only team we beat was winless and we were lucky to win that one. When we were senior in 1998 we went 13-2 and were state champs. Talent is developed by good coaches. Those kids getting drilled in middle school today can be beasts by the time they are seniors. 

True BPM

On 9/6/2023 at 12:55 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

When I was in 8th grade at Milan middle we went 1-6 in football. The only team we beat was winless and we were lucky to win that one. When we were senior in 1998 we went 13-2 and were state champs. Talent is developed by good coaches. Those kids getting drilled in middle school today can be beasts by the time they are seniors. 

Awesome team.  I saw them win that state Championship!