Sequatchie vs South Pittsburg

powerp

9 hours ago, SCHS41 said:

Great is when you recruit players in. Only reason sp is so good. Speed really didn’t hurt sc last night. Just couldn’t tackle. Even some south Pitt guys on Dunlap side was saying sequatchie wasn’t tackling well at all. You can’t win them all. You lose and go on to the next game. Who cares. Wasn’t a region game so you learn from your mistakes and move on. Everyone knew sp would win but speed ain’t what killed sc. sc had an off night, couldn’t tackle, coaches play calling was horrible. But like I said move on to the next game

Did either of these players you say SP recruited catch a pass last night? I saw SP lineup and run it down their throats. I wish they would have done it earlier. I’m old school. I’d rather run than pass all day long and I rarely saw Sequatchie slow down that run game.  Here is my advice to coaches. If something is working. Keep doing it until it doesn’t. You have a good team no need to whine about it. 

21 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

That's the one thing I miss about the Saturday paper,  since covid,  boxscores have become extinct.  

Boxscore

SP                             Dunlap

Rushing….Bunch.            Not to many

Passing…. Very little.       Not enough

Penalties .. To many.         Very few

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

The Skillet Slinger has thoroughly trained OP on opinions, Not a fan of them cause ours are never favorable. Figure OP’s opinion only matters when the skillet slinger ain’t in pants! LOPAO 

Dad Burnit, a feller can’t even get game stats now, since that Hargis man and partially retired. 

Now datz somethin we can agree on patna. Skillet slingerz iz alwayz right. Dat will help us armchair QBs live a peaceful life patna 

Watched some highlights on this game and seems it was a tight game until the pick 6 by the pirates in the 2nd and that seemed to kill SCs momentum. Did SP only score 1 time in the second half? Seems like it was a physical game and that pick 6 and TD run by #8 on 4th down were the game changers for the pirates. 

Edited by Football27

1 hour ago, Football27 said:

Watched some highlights on this game and seems it was a tight game until the pick 6 by the pirates in the 2nd and that seemed to kill SCs momentum. Did SP only score 1 time in the second half? Seems like it was a physical game and that pick 6 and TD run by #8 on 4th down were the game changers for the pirates. 

This is very much the case. The pick 6 on the screen pass was big. Sequatchie had just gotten the ball back and had momentum just before the half. That play turned the momentum back as they went into the locker room.

• Upvote 1

On 9/9/2023 at 10:40 PM, team69 said:

Boxscore

SP                             Dunlap

Rushing….Bunch.            Not to many

Passing…. Very little.       Not enough

Penalties .. To many.         Very few

Post of the week…lol

1 hour ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

This is very much the case. The pick 6 on the screen pass was big. Sequatchie had just gotten the ball back and had momentum just before the half. That play turned the momentum back as they went into the locker room.

I look for it to be a good game this week with MC. I got MC by 14 over SC but I’ve been wrong before lol. Really wish MC and SP would still play one another because this year I feel like would really be a good game with both teams being good and the crowds would be huge, maybe one day the adults from both programs won’t ruin it for the kids playing that great rivalry game. 

• Like 1