Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

My thawts onn tha gaim.....

1. On tha goodur side we haiv tha faistest drum major inn Tinnersee

b. Allsew onn tha goodur side nice throwbaick two tha TE

3. Mairvul's red zoan offence iz.....eye bettur knott say

d. Haiv we ever hurd ov knott starin' down yore reeceevurs....???

5. Congrats two West a two yeer streek agin Mairvul and tha furst Knottsvul teem two winn att Mairvul sense Knotts Centrull inn '99

pee ess...OK eye'm stoppin' now beefour eye git vurry vurry crittycull and sumbodee iz vurry vurry crittycull ov me bein' vurry vurry crittycull....:wacko:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Just now, JJrebel2010 said:

I disagree. Maryville has always beaten more talented teams by outcoaching, out game planning, and being more physical. They are no longer doing that every Friday night, and it’s a big reason why the program is where it is right now. 

I just didn’t see much talent on the offensive side of the ball the few times I’ve watched Maryville. Still a solid defense, of course. They just don’t have much talent right now on the offensive side that I’ve seen.

1 minute ago, SweetScience said:

I just didn’t see much talent on the offensive side of the ball the few times I’ve watched Maryville. Still a solid defense, of course. They just don’t have much talent right now on the offensive side that I’ve seen.

They don’t have as much talent as they have in years past, but they have more than enough to being doing more than they have been the last couple years. They’re running a middle school offense right now. They make it easy on defenses to stop. 

4 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

They don’t have as much talent as they have in years past, but they have more than enough to being doing more than they have been the last couple years. They’re running a middle school offense right now. They make it easy on defenses to stop. 

Well, isn’t the QB starting a backup freshman or Sophomore? That pretty much explains that. The staff obviously doesn’t seem to have much faith in him. It seems like their plan to have a chance at keeping games close is to lean on a really good defense and to shorten the game. I guess the staff feels like that gives them their best chance at keeping it close or winning.

Edited by SweetScience

6 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Eye haiv two uhgree JJr2010.....Eye saw Mairvul moove tha bawl agin tha Purl Cone Farrbirds (wif Big John) thait caim intwo tha '97 champeenship gaim on a strang ov 7 strait shutouts becaws thay exxycuted simpull thangs and fundymentulls goodur wif a hole lott less tallunt...

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Well, isn’t the QB starting a backup freshman or Sophomore? That pretty much explains that. The staff obviously doesn’t seem to have much faith in him. It seems like their plan to have a chance at keeping games close is to lean on a really good defense and to shorten the game. I guess the staff feels like that gives them their best chance at keeping it close or winning.

I get what you’re saying, but that’s not Maryville football. Maryville football is being the aggressor and putting pressure on defenses. Not just trying to shorten the game and keep it close. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, STARSNBARS said:

Eye haiv two uhgree JJr2010.....Eye saw Mairvul moove tha bawl agin tha Purl Cone Farrbirds thait caim intwo tha '97 champeenship gaim on a strang ov 7 shutouts becaws thay exxycuted simpull thangs and fundymentulls goodur wif a hole lott less tallunt...

I couldn’t agree more. They don’t even execute the simple things anymore. Talent has nothing to do with execution. And they’re not as fundamentally sound as they used to be. 

3 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

I get what you’re saying, but that’s not Maryville football. Maryville football is being the aggressor and putting pressure on defenses. Not just trying to shorten the game and keep it close. 

Well, y’all obviously know more about them than I do, so you’re probably right. Yeah, Maryville made a living out of fundamental football, and to hear that they’ve lost that is pretty shocking.