Knotts West comes two 825

STARSNBARS

Congrats to the rebels. Their kids played hard and made more than enough plays to win. I think it was about 4.

Lots of stuff to work on for murvil and some are more obvious. It’s painful at times to watch them, but I do think they are getting better at some things. Need a handful more of plays made.

3 hours ago, AllVol2012 said:

There is no way you are a West fan and pick against them every single or have some kind of doubt every week even against a weaker team. Just doesnt make any sense.

Lol dont know who u root for but if your team plays West and we happen to meet in person, I believe youll be sadly mistaken.

Did you ever think sometimes motivation helps in the long run ;)

Go West!

1 hour ago, Whs1984 said:

I'm glad West won but I gotta say all these last possession games are causing what hair on head that ain't falling out to turn grey and eventually it will come back to bite us IMO 

Honestly Whs - This team is completely better than week 1 and getting better each week but nowhere near where last years team was and they may never get to that level; However they are a resilient bunch who are forming their own identity and carrying on the culture Lamar has created at West.

Im right there with you - that they aint doing this old heart of mine any favors with these close wins, but its better to be 4-0 and not 2-2 as many on here including myself thought after those preseason scrimmages and this difficult schedule.

On to the region!

Thoughts on the game -

Why did the Maryville qb not throw the ball more? That 4 and 11 conversion throw was a thing of beauty and literally had me frozen in place of why they didnt do that more earlier. Sure the running game was successful at times but you have to be balanced in order to beat a team like West. 

Gage Ladue being out made this a completely different game and I hope that young man heals quickly for the playoffs bc he is a warrior of a player.

West has a lot of work to do with protecting the football as they are averaging 3 turnovers a game - yikes. Need to clean that up especially before playoffs.

#15 Scott should get a game ball for his play during the game...he stopped the quarterback on a 4th and 2 before halftime, was all over the field making tackles and even recovered the fumble on the punt at the end of the game.

Was surprised to see so many Alcoa fans at the game! Does that normally happen when they play on different days or were they just sizing up both teams? Anyway was also shocked there were some empty seats on the home side.

Great win for West and now the majority of the games are in region and seeding matters in the playoffs as does homefield.

To Stars and crew - good luck the rest of the way and look forward to another tussle in Marble City next fall.

I'm not going to lie, I hold my breath everytime our QB takes off running with the ball because of what happened last week at Bradley but the young man can run. When the qb running is your best play on offense your screwed. Those two freshmen QB's better get ready because your fixing to grow up faster than you ever thought. We played good enough to have won and as I said before this was the type game and score I was kind of expecting. Even in the eye's of defeat the defense played good at the end of the game to get the ball back within the last four minutes twice and looked great doing so. I am very glad we have the kid that transfered from Alcoa that is playing QB, he has caught on well. Let's keep working hard on the passing game at practice and we'll get better.

Nothing is usually as bad or as good as it seems in football. This team can still get better and have a successful year and make a run in the playoffs. My main point I guess is that I knew playing for a championship nearly every year wouldn’t go on forever, especially in 6A. But it’s the lack of fundamentally sound football, inability to put offensive game plans together that outscheme the talented teams they play, and just an overall lack of well organized, efficient, and crisp football being played. That never was an issue for Maryville football. But the last 3 years, it has become more and more of a problem each year. That’s what has to get better for all of this to start changing and to start competing for championships again. Time will tell if they make adjustments for this program to get back to that. 

9 hours ago, pepvol said:

I’m just amazed you’ve made 2 posts without mentioning Bradley … lol 

Considering maryville is out of the picture this year.. how could you not? If we lose to Cleveland this year we which is Very likely.. actually… we probably will. they’ve started a “recruiting” program down there and it’s starting to show. and this is the difference between a feeder program with all white boys and program with actual atheletes. Example… Oakland…. Next example… bradley. I called it. Wait till you see Bradley’s next years roster lmaoo 

3 minutes ago, Rebelfan101 said:

Considering maryville is out of the picture this year.. how could you not? If we lose to Cleveland this year we which is Very likely.. actually… we probably will. they’ve started a “recruiting” program down there and it’s starting to show. and this is the difference between a feeder program with all white boys and program with actual atheletes. Example… Oakland…. Next example… bradley. I called it. Wait till you see Bradley’s next years roster lmaoo 

Whats your thoughts on this years Bearden team? Do you think theyre better than Cleveland? That region really has become a bloodbath.

37 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

But it’s the lack of fundamentally sound football, inability to put offensive game plans together that outscheme the talented teams they play, and just an overall lack of well organized, efficient, and crisp football being played. That never was an issue for Maryville football. But the last 3 years, it has become more and more of a problem each year. That’s what has to get better for all of this to start changing and to start competing for championships again. Time will tell if they make adjustments for this program to get back to that. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This rite cheer.....:popcorneater:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Whats your thoughts on this years Bearden team? Do you think theyre better than Cleveland? That region really has become a bloodbath.

It’s hard to say man. Bearden has 2 losses but those losses are to arguably the #2 and #3 teams in state. I think bearden gets slaughtered by Bradley and possibly cleveland. Maryville may lose to Cleveland again because they’re better this year than last. 

people don’t understand what’s going on in that area lol. I predict this.. we’re  fixing to see another Oakland team come out of Bradley. 

walker valley is really good. They beat Cleveland but Bradley beat them last night 35-0 they’re gaining so much momentum right now. 

They’re doing exactly what Oakland did. Went from a nobody to a powerhouse and dominated the entire class..