Alcoa @ GreenEville

Romansfive8

Greeneville  besides  this  coming Friday  has a scheduled  open date on October  13th but continuing  the theme of this season  every team they have lost is all ready playing  that weekend.  Smh. I knew Boone and west would  have  a hard time getting  it in Friday  but I would  have  thought for sure they would  have  played either Saturday  Sunday  or Monday.  Backing it up a week is ridiculous.  They signed a two year home and home GHS is supposed  to go down  there next year. If they don't  come up here this  Year there Is  no way I would  give them their  home game  next year. Absolutely  none

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Greendevil87 said:

This has turned in to a complete  nightmare for Greeneville  looking like  a 7 game schedule  if they can't  figure  something  out

Any possibility of a team outside of TN?  Asheville NC area, Greeneville South Carolina area, Southwest Virginia area?  Yes it would be a longer drive, but we know G fans travel well.  Correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t Alcoa travel to Long Island NY?  I’m not suggesting go that far out, but maybe there’s a team out there looking for a game?  Maybe they’ll come up with something?

I'll ask the question no one else is gonna ask... If Greeneville and Elizabethton both REALLY want/need a game so bad, why in the heck don't they just get together for a non region game with one another??? Split the gate 50/50, heck maybe even try to get it at ETSU. Have it Thursday and it would be the must see event in all of NE TN. 

Everyone wants to run around fussing about Boone and West (that's a region game they MUST get in, and this evening would have been just as tricky as the last two) or the TSSAA, when as extremely simple, logical answer is right there in front of everyone. 

3 hours ago, crazzyness said:

I'll ask the question no one else is gonna ask... If Greeneville and Elizabethton both REALLY want/need a game so bad, why in the heck don't they just get together for a non region game with one another??? Split the gate 50/50, heck maybe even try to get it at ETSU. Have it Thursday and it would be the must see event in all of NE TN. 

Everyone wants to run around fussing about Boone and West (that's a region game they MUST get in, and this evening would have been just as tricky as the last two) or the TSSAA, when as extremely simple, logical answer is right there in front of everyone. 

Why would either team be remotely interested in doing this considering what is at stake between the two at the end of October? The issue here is Daniel Boone and Mo West. Both of these programs proved to be gutless. If other games that were affected could figure it out on Saturday or Sunday , so could they. They chose not to do so because of their upcoming opponents. 

18 hours ago, Intensity22 said:

Why would either team be remotely interested in doing this considering what is at stake between the two at the end of October? The issue here is Daniel Boone and Mo West. Both of these programs proved to be gutless. If other games that were affected could figure it out on Saturday or Sunday , so could they. They chose not to do so because of their upcoming opponents. 

COACH:   Let's get Elizabethton (or Greeneville) on the schedule, ok?

AD:  Uh.... are you sure?    You know they are going to stomp us, right?

COACH:    Yeah but we can't play all cupcakes, huh??

AD:     Well ok, I'll see what we can do...

COACH:    Now keep in mind that after we get them scheduled we need to find any way we can to get out of actually playing the game... I don't care if it's weather-related, covid, injuries, ....

AD:    WHAT THE ?!??!?      You don't want to play, but you just said to get them on the schedule, what's with all the double-talk?

COACH:     Just do it already!      Of course we don't really want to play them but I want to schedule them anyway, we'll figure out how to get out of it later...

Shame we couldn’t see this game to the end. But I will say if Greeneville didn’t wanna play this game it would never have been scheduled. Greeneville will play anyone and they’ve proven that over the years. The no contest was out of the players and coaches hands and I assure you they wanted to strap up and continue playing and win that game. 

Hopefully the rest of the season will be better than the first half. Go Devils! Fire Snot Baby!