Loretto is back!!!

Pizzpatriot2

Unfortunately last night’s game is going to become a distraction due to an unnecessary social media post that was doubled down in the last 30 minutes making fun of the flood in Waverly that killed 20 people. I lived through the 2010 flood in Waverly. I awoke just in time to see a creek crest and obliterate my neighborhood. It was a terrible time in my life. And although I was not living in Waverly during the last flood I have many loved ones there who experienced unfathomable tragedy.

Although the post was not made by a school, it was made by a fan page. Friendly reminder of the responsibility that comes with social media. 

8 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Maybe. But, undefeated and not only did they beat down the perennial paper champions from Hohenwald but they evidently put it to Waverly last night. And, it’s not like Waverly has not had some success over the years.

You obviously weren’t at this game. Loretto didn’t put it to anyone. Was 9-7 Waverly at half and 15-14 Waverly in the 4th. Loretto scored making it 22-15. Waverly got the ball and drove to about the 20 but was a yard short on a 4th down conversion. This was 3 min left in the game and that pretty much sealed the game. Loretto took the ball and ran like an 80 yard TD the drive after that. They obviously made enough plays to win this game, but let’s be real. They aren’t that great. But congratulations to Loretto for the W. Mt Pleasant can win this game next week. But if they don’t, Loretto will be out by 2nd round 

Edited by Trollin

Since Loretto is “Back”, if they maintain this year’s dominance next year and Chapel Hill doesn’t improve to be what they were, will Loretto be kicked out of R5 and replaced with Chapel Hill?

Pretty sure Riverside will not be placed in Hohenwalds region any time in the near future.

May even note that even though they are fairly close distance wise and in the same region that they won’t be on the out of region regular season schedule either.

Now, the big question is, does the new coach have the same T$$AA pull as the former?

On 10/21/2023 at 3:52 PM, Trollin said:

They obviously made enough plays to win this game, but let’s be real. They aren’t that great. 

It’s obvious to me that you are salty about the game the other night.  Loretto won.  Because they won you get on here on multiple threads and say “they aren’t that great” as a way to dig at their accomplishments.  Just accept that they were the better team and say congratulations and move on.  It’s okay to give an opponent their due respect when they beat you on the field.  

Edited by howdoitknow

You Loretto Mustangs don't need to get to excited. In my opinion the best 3 football programs in 2a reside in region 6. Riverside, Milan & Huntingdon are all 3 outstanding football teams. I would be surprised if the Mustangs can come close to beating any of them. All 3 are very physical and will love playing a team that likes throwing it.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

You Loretto Mustangs don't need to get to excited. In my opinion the best 3 football programs in 2a reside in region 6. Riverside, Milan & Huntingdon are all 3 outstanding football teams. I would be surprised if the Mustangs can come close to beating any of them. All 3 are very physical and will love playing a team that likes throwing it.

It’s the year of the mustang!!! Loretto vs. Huntingdon in the 3rd round.

10 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Since Loretto is “Back”, if they maintain this year’s dominance next year and Chapel Hill doesn’t improve to be what they were, will Loretto be kicked out of R5 and replaced with Chapel Hill?

Pretty sure Riverside will not be placed in Hohenwalds region any time in the near future.

May even note that even though they are fairly close distance wise and in the same region that they won’t be on the out of region regular season schedule either.

Now, the big question is, does the new coach have the same T$$AA pull as the former?

Still bashing kids…