What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

The Knoxville Paper did a story on this on today.  Six parents made complaints about him giving his son preferential treatment.   (Weren't there six new accounts in this thread defending the actions of the school in suspending Slover?).  The other complaints were that he let his wife on the sideline and in the fieldhouse (not that there was anything innapropriate there.  There wasn't.  Slover says his wife came to the fieldhouse at half time to give coaches candy bars. And he says she always will).  There was also a complaint that he responded to a heckler in the crowd (One of the six i'm sure but the article doesn't outline any cussing, just says he told the hckler to come down and coach so he could go home.)

Other complaints are as follows with Slovers response when applicable.

1 slover gave secret signals only to his son.  (Denied)

2. the backup wasn't given a chance to win the job  (The evaluation period was in july)

3. slover didn't acknowledge the backup qb (Denied0

4. players feared retatliation if they spoke up.  (MY input here,  it's not really there place to argue who should be the starting qb.  they probably should fear speaking up about that.)  (Slover said senior had opportunity to speakup in team meetings)

5. backup qb went to talk about playing time and was encouraged to play another position.  (slover agrees.  It doesn't say it, but It sounds like the kid refused).

6.  complaint that slover chose his son stats over wins.  (Slover says they only threw about 15 times a game so that doesn't make sense.)

7.  other schools chanted 'daddy ball'.  (My input again, thats cause you conniving meddlers told the whole world about it.)

Now we have all the evidence, (which these conniving, meddling parents clearly didn't count it.  Safe to say that none of these complaints constitute anything valid.  There was no reason to put the coach on leave, and there was no reason to complain at all.  Parents like these in Sweetwater are what's wrong with modern sports (thank god there aren't too many of them around.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ILB1999 said:

The Knoxville Paper did a story on this on today.  Six parents made complaints about him giving his son preferential treatment.   (Weren't there six new accounts in this thread defending the actions of the school in suspending Slover?).  The other complaints were that he let his wife on the sideline and in the fieldhouse (not that there was anything innapropriate there.  There wasn't.  Slover says his wife came to the fieldhouse at half time to give coaches candy bars. And he says she always will).  There was also a complaint that he responded to a heckler in the crowd (One of the six i'm sure but the article doesn't outline any cussing, just says he told the hckler to come down and coach so he could go home.)

2. the backup wasn't given a chance to win the job  (The evaluation period was in july)

4. players feared retatliation if they spoke up.  (MY input here,  it's not really there place to argue who should be the starting qb.  they probably should fear speaking up about that.)  (Slover said senior had opportunity to speakup in team meetings)

5. backup qb went to talk about playing time and was encouraged to play another position.  (slover agrees.  It doesn't say it, but It sounds like the kid refused).

6.  complaint that slover chose his son stats over wins.  (Slover says they only threw about 15 times a game so that doesn't make sense.)

7.  other schools chanted 'daddy ball'.  (My input again, thats cause you conniving meddlers told the whole world about it.)

Now we have all the evidence, (which these conniving, meddling parents clearly didn't count it.  Safe to say that none of these complaints constitute anything valid.  There was no reason to put the coach on leave, and there was no reason to complain at all.  Parents like these in Sweetwater are what's wrong with modern sports (thank god there aren't too many of them around.

Good stuff, ILB! These parents have caused all this turmoil over absolutely nothing. I hope they’re happy with the bottomless pit that they’ve put the program in. And the responsibility of this situation is equally, if not more, shared by a spineless administration and a Charmin Soft AD…

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

Good stuff, ILB! These parents have caused all this turmoil over absolutely nothing. I hope they’re happy with the bottomless pit that they’ve put the program in. And the responsibility of this situation is equally, if not more, shared by a spineless administration and a Charmin Soft AD…

After reflecting on it for quite some time, I’m not so sure the responsibility doesn’t fall squarely on the parents that complained and someone at the central office. I find it hard to believe that a first year principal and AD in a system like Sweetwater would be given the authority to make a decision like this. Very interested in seeing how this one will play out in the off-season.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ILB1999 said:

I hope you don’t do business in Sweetwater ILB. People don’t like when you start dropping facts. This is the first time I sit and read all 21 pages on Coacht. This whole post is wild and think the man upstairs I didn’t grew up in a small town.

3 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I hope you don’t do business in Sweetwater ILB. People don’t like when you start dropping facts. This is the first time I sit and read all 21 pages on Coacht. This whole post is wild and think the man upstairs I didn’t grew up in a small town.

if i'd considered it, this fiasco would have changed my mind.  I really have never seen anything like it.  My favorite part is stll the crazies coming on here acting like there is so much more they can't tell us.  Well now we now it all, and none of it puts slover in a bad light.

• Like 1

The one thing about it there is always life off the field that brings all of us to the Coach T Forum in disbelief, Did I hear that right or Did they really do that. The first big story was the hiring that broke the town of Greenback apart that went on until the Lenior City baby sitter stole the show and now the crazy football parents from Sweetwater have been holding the billboard chart for number one position for three weeks now and holding steady. Take it from Barney something out there is just saying here hold my beer they ain't seen nothing yet coming around the corner so don't be surprised when it happens.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The one thing about it there is always life off the field that brings all of us to the Coach T Forum in disbelief, Did I hear that right or Did they really do that. The first big story was the hiring that broke the town of Greenback apart that went on until the Lenior City baby sitter stole the show and now the crazy football parents from Sweetwater have been holding the billboard chart for number one position for three weeks now and holding steady. Take it from Barney something out there is just saying here hold my beer they ain't seen nothing yet coming around the corner so don't be surprised when it happens.

There's a common factor here that I can't just identify...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

I think they have a better chance of beating Polk than Brainerd IMO, but if they lose both, what a disappointing year.

How could it ever be a disappointing year? The parents won the year and I’d say every one of them will die on that hill holding a “We’re #1” sign :lol: