Tha big Beer-Den Bullies come two 825

STARSNBARS

49 minutes ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Not sure what to even say. Very disappointing loss. Maryville threw just 2 passes in the second half by my count. I’m also so tired of seeing 3 down lineman and the linebackers playing 8 yards off the ball when everyone knows they’re going to run it. Just makes zero sense. Very disappointing offensive gameplan. Felt like play calling was very timid all night, especially in the second half. Not being aggressive will get you beat nearly every time. And it seems like the past few years, the bigger the game, the more timid the playcalling gets. I don’t mind going for the win at the end, but I hated the play call. Everyone in the stadium knew what was coming with the Rhino package coming out. Just very disappointing all around. With the upcoming schedule, it might be tough to make the playoffs at this point. 

It’s like you read my mind with every word you wrote. Maryville has been so successful these last 20 plus years by being unpredictable, we no longer are . We were known for our smoke and mirror trick plays , misdirection, double reverses … a trick play now is throwing on first or second down. The 3 man line tonight was hard to watch . I could see that against a passing team but they passed 2 times . 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My thawts onn tha gaim...

1. Eye thawt tha runninbaicks runned hard fer both teems

2. If'un wur gonna run a 3 man come hail orr low wattur, when'st yore on tha 10 yardline in ovurtime put sum biggur 3 man linemuns inn tha gaim....like #78, #53 orr sumbodee thait ant givin upp a hundurd pounds two tha Beer-Den line

c. Haiv eye menshuned how much eye ant a favritt ov a 3 man D-line when'st our LB's never get upp tite inn tha gaps like Beer-Den's did

4. .....(eye am stoppin' now becaws bein' crittycull mite hert sumbodies feelins)

:unsure:

13 minutes ago, pepvol said:

It’s like you read my mind with every word you wrote. Maryville has been so successful these last 20 plus years by being unpredictable, we no longer are . We were known for our smoke and mirror trick plays , misdirection, double reverses … a trick play now is throwing on first or second down. The 3 man line tonight was hard to watch . I could see that against a passing team but they passed 2 times . 

Well maybe you can have an emergency school board meeting and try fix the problem get GQ and Gaylor back since they stop the run. It was a good run but now it is over 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JJrebel2010 said:

Not sure what to even say. Very disappointing loss. Maryville threw just 2 passes in the second half by my count. I’m also so tired of seeing 3 down lineman and the linebackers playing 8 yards off the ball when everyone knows they’re going to run it. Just makes zero sense. Very disappointing offensive gameplan. Felt like play calling was very timid all night, especially in the second half. Not being aggressive will get you beat nearly every time. And it seems like the past few years, the bigger the game, the more timid the playcalling gets. I don’t mind going for the win at the end, but I hated the play call. Everyone in the stadium knew what was coming with the Rhino package coming out. Just very disappointing all around. With the upcoming schedule, it might be tough to make the playoffs at this point. 

JJr2010 eye uhgree wif everthang ewe sed....Eye ant gott no problum with tha 2 pointer caws our  3 man line ant stoppin Beer-Den frum 10 yards out......Butt eye thawt thay haid a "speshull" play fer tha 2 pointer like baick inn tha old daze....

:unsure:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rollnoles said:

That run is over good run but over. Farragut and Maryville will be playing for the fourth seed. Who ever loses is out

Well, here's the deal. Maryville is not playing bad. I wouldn't say they've played "bad" yet. They're just not the usual Maryville team this year that everybody is used to seeing. Add in that there are a lot of good teams in that region this year. Which is unusual. Maryville has lost by 8, by 7, and by 1. All loses have come to really good teams. History has shown time and time again, it is very difficult to beat a team twice in one season. You can beat a team by 21 in regular season and you'll be lucky to beat them in a playoff game. You have to remember, Maryville is still Maryville.  Their 3 loses are by a combined 16 points. I wouldn't bet against them. They'll beat Cleveland and Farragut. 

2 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well, here's the deal. Maryville is not playing bad. I wouldn't say they've played "bad" yet. They're just not the usual Maryville team this year that everybody is used to seeing. Add in that there are a lot of good teams in that region this year. Which is unusual. Maryville has lost by 8, by 7, and by 1. All loses have come to really good teams. History has shown time and time again, it is very difficult to beat a team twice in one season. You can beat a team by 21 in regular season and you'll be lucky to beat them in a playoff game. You have to remember, Maryville is still Maryville.  Their 3 loses are by a combined 16 points. I wouldn't bet against them. They'll beat Cleveland and Farragut. 

Yep you a DB fan. Have you taken over the DB coaching yet. You could see Maryville not being a regular Maryville team once GQ and Gaylor were gone. All good things must come to a end

4 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Blue Raider Nation and that new high dollar coach could give the rebels the worse in region L its had in 20 years.....

Booger just sayin :shock:

• Upvote 5