South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

8 hours ago, CwoodGreen said:

Gotta travel better than Clarksville Academy. They had exactly 16 fans in bleachers. That’s ridiculous that the parents didn’t come watch their kids play. 

LOL....they don't travel much better to the Boro! Most of us always look for a good spot to eat before a game, don't be surprised if Stevarinos is packed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, team69 said:

You lost me there. This team reminds me of a Phil Beene Coached team. I might go as far far to say their Offense is very similar to the single wing as far as their blocking schemes. Their guards do a good job of pulling and they run alot of misdirection.They grind it out happy with a 4 yd gain. They suck you in then either bust a long run or throw it over the top. They have very good OL.They will  eat a lot of clock. They don’t throw much but are pretty good at it. The only advantage I see is we might have a little more speed. Their defense is legit too. This will be a big test for our guys. 

Shhh, you have seen too much! When we began this offense three years ago, I said the same thing! It's SP circa 60's - 70's.  Lot of you fellers are going to see us line up in the side saddle and the memories are gonna roll all over you.

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Shhh, you have seen too much! When we began this offense three years ago, I said the same thing! It's SP circa 60's - 70's.  Lot of you fellers are going to see us line up in the side saddle and the memories are gonna roll all over you.

If you boys go side saddle, a lot of us are going to cry and cheer at the same time.

41 minutes ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

If you boys go side saddle, a lot of us are going to cry and cheer at the same time.

We do run the wing with classic QB offset (and various combinations of FB / HB, direct snaps) - what we don't do, is have the QB sitting "side saddle". When we are home in orange / black combination the semblance to SP years ago is eerie. You still may want to bring a handkerchief - it's close enough. I'll ask Petey if he can have Yates get in the saddle for one play, just for nostalgia reasons.  Looking forward to a good game, knowing the outcome will not affect either teams' trajectory, pray for no injuries.

• Upvote 1

Middle Tennessee Christian School- The school mascot is the cougar, and the team colors are orange, white, and black. It has 791 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1.
They are 6-0 with some big wins their last win was vs Friendship Christian 16 to 14

Fri, 8/18
7:00pm
Columbia Academy
CAColumbia
Away • Non-District
W
33-31 (3OT)
Box Score
 Recap
Fri, 8/25
7:30pm
Master's Academy