South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

South pitt is good my only worry is that their schedule will not have them ready for games like this that truly matter they've really only played cupcake schools and sequatchie County that is decent. Not saying sp is a bad team, because they are  really good just would like them play tougher competition maybe instead of oliver springs play  boyd Buchanan, instead  of Franklin county maybe play rhea County. Not a knock just would make it more interesting, I know they played Oakland a year or two back which took guts, but  the two I listed are more winnable. I've always wanted to see sp play Alcoa. Anyways  I think sp beats tue Murfreesboro Christian school something along the lines of 34-24

24 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

South pitt is good my only worry is that their schedule will not have them ready for games like this that truly matter they've really only played cupcake schools and sequatchie County that is decent. Not saying sp is a bad team, because they are  really good just would like them play tougher competition maybe instead of oliver springs play  boyd Buchanan, instead  of Franklin county maybe play rhea County. Not a knock just would make it more interesting, I know they played Oakland a year or two back which took guts, but  the two I listed are more winnable. I've always wanted to see sp play Alcoa. Anyways  I think sp beats tue Murfreesboro Christian school something along the lines of 34-24

Sometimes da stronger schools decline the opportunity for obvious reasons.

40 minutes ago, Lego27 said:

Not sure why the offense don’t run the ball more   They have proved this isn’t the same team as last year  9,4 and 8 can get it done 

I agree with us needing to run the ball more often.That plus quit trying to throw the ball down the field 50 percent of the throws.Get the ball out in space to our play makers and let them use their athletic abilities.

44 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Boyd Bucs, LOPAO! Old Pirate says Boyd ran from playing SP until the TSSAA made them play in the same region/district or whatever. Boyd quit playing SP voluntarily with The Captain @ the wheel and reportedly stating fear they couldn’t compete, Bless Their Hearts, didn’t the Bucs get like 20 transfers or something?  Now theys feeling a little chirpy & obviously would love to bring themselves attention, until they voluntarily stop playing again. Old Pirate says let the Circle Fly schools play with themselves & each other! BTW, this upcoming matchup is jest a fued, except fer the fly repellent needed and unimportant to each team’s playoffs aspirations. OP jest don’t care fer any of the privates. OP personally like the FC being on the schedule because that should provide a good physical matchup, add Dade, then hopeful a TC vs SP Fueding revival, all programs would benefit. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

45 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Well they played Oakland 2 years ago

42 minutes ago, team69 said:

Well they played Oakland 2 years ago

Because your head coach at the time reached out to make it happen. Lots of consistently good schools are always needing opponents, just if your HC wants to try and schedule them or not. 

Vic had plenty of chances to schedule Alcoa, but you seen the option he chose. 

Lots of HCs do this. They would rather pad their record than give their team a chance to maximize their potential against good to great competition. Any time you hear someone say "it's a meaningless game or that's dumb why take a chance on any of our players getting hurt" that's code for "We are scared" 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Boyd Bucs, LOPAO! Old Pirate says Boyd ran from playing SP until the TSSAA made them play in the same region/district or whatever. Boyd quit playing SP voluntarily with The Captain @ the wheel and reportedly stating fear they couldn’t compete, Bless Their Hearts, didn’t the Bucs get like 20 transfers or something?  Now theys feeling a little chirpy & obviously would love to bring themselves attention, until they voluntarily stop playing again. Old Pirate says let the Circle Fly schools play with themselves & each other! BTW, this upcoming matchup is jest a fued, except fer the fly repellent needed and unimportant to each team’s playoffs aspirations. OP jest don’t care fer any of the privates. OP personally like the FC being on the schedule because that should provide a good physical matchup, add Dade, then hopeful a TC vs SP Fueding revival, all programs would benefit. 

Lol I'm not Boyd Buchanan fan, I was just saying it would be more fun to watch south pittsburg  to play someone of that caliber, seems like pirates fans took offense at what I said when I complimented the team and said yall would win Friday. I understand yall have to play region games regardless but I'd like to see sp play up in 2a or play tougher out of region opponents because I like the team as an outsider,but its hard to get excited when they play teams they dominate, wasn't meant to be an insult.

Edited by RichyRich
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

Lol I'm not Boyd Buchanan fan, I was just saying it would be more fun to watch south pittsburg  to play someone of that caliber, seems like pirates fans took offense at what I said when I complimented the team and said yall would win Friday. I understand yall have to play region games regardless but I'd like to see sp play up in 2a or play tougher out of region opponents because I like the team as an outsider,but its hard to get excited when they play teams they dominate, wasn't meant to be an insult.

We just played a 4A Alabama Team, we played a 5A Team already and the #7 3A Team

46 minutes ago, Geno said:

We just played a 4A Alabama Team, we played a 5A Team already and the #7 3A Team

North Jackson must not be good to be getting beat 62-0 by a 1a school doesn't matter how you good you are at that size a 4a school losing that badly they aren't good, Franklin county is awful they lost to east Hamilton,  and sequatchie County is  decent  it's not super hard to be ranked 7 in 3a. Pretty much anything below the 5 point usually are more mediocre teams, bigger doesn't always mean better.  I was just saying teams I'd like to see south pittsburg  matchup with in the future. I know north jackson is usually better, just felt like maybe people would be interested in seeing sp play new teams that are more their speed again that's a compliment to the team.