South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

22 hours ago, LethalAttack said:

Why you have a small point about teams needing to challenge themself. It’s hard for 1a and 2a teams to schedule multiple tough  non region opponents due to lack of depth. If you look at Alabama and Georgia 1a/2a you very seldom see many teams scheduling stupid games. Fyffe Alabama is a prime example. Can you imagine how stupid it would look if Fyffe scheduled Hoover Alabama? 

SP has had 1 team in school history that could complete not win compete with Alcoa and that was 07. Alcoa would simply beat every pirate team by 35+ points any given night. 

I disagree. The 94 Team could have competed imo

7 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

I'm not saying to go out and fill your non region schedule with Alcoa and Oakland types. I think if fans will be honest with themselves, Oakland gave you guys barometer of where your team is at, the effort it takes to play against a equal or more talented team, and the level of execution it takes to win those games, thus helping you all down the road in the playoffs. 

I think it's too late in the game to schedule Boyd. If they continue their trajectory under Rankin, then it would be another match up against Alcoa in a different uniform. Somebody mentioned Peabody earlier. More along those lines. Sure Franklin County is below average for 5A but it is a good test for a 1a/2a team due to their size and athletes they will have on the team. Upperman, TC, Tullahoma, York, Smith County, Tyner, Hixson, and Red Bank types. I know you have scheduled some of those in the past or recently. Most of them will be competitive except for the occasional 2 to 3 year dip. 

Also, just my opinion but I think all the valley teams should go back to playing each other. Try to get most of them early in the year while the record is still decent and there is some hope. No reason to be missing out on the money that those types of games will bring to all of the schools involved. 

Old Pirate says the last paragraph is a HEEP of mess. Playing each other is Over! Bledsoe has rarely been consistent scheduling SP, Grundy now refuses to play SP, that 3A program wants to play a typically weak 1a LV, SP is the only school in the valley that has recently scheduled NJ. Perhaps you kinfolkes can schedule NJ. You Jailhouse fellers only interested in attempting to gain support & praying for scheduling Whitwell & SP again. All should understand why both programs have refused to schedule Jasper. Look back to Ken Colquette 1st scheduled game with NJ, due to NJ’s bad behavior Ken never played them again, over ONE bad deed. Don Grider  refused to schedule NJ after they refused to play SP @ home over ONE bad deed after the consolidation. That sounds familiar, Jasper has committed numerous bad dead’s while willingly refused to honor their contract with SP, when they had ample chances to do the right thing, they refused. Scheduling Whitwell sure wasn’t a concern a few years ago and scheduling the Tigers during their most recent heyday was certainly not an option because they would have monkey stomped the Warriors! Time to man up and pay the piper. The falsely publicly blaming SP students for late night art work is sad. There are far more important things than gate money! You kinfolkes should try good sportsmanship, honor, respect, gamesmanship & avoid criminal acts of slander. Amazingly hilarious how you kinfolkes ignore the 25k + lost by Jailhouse high’s refusal to honor ( that is relatively laughable) their contract. OP says the missed concessions surely heavily hampered the SP Band’s ability to function. Venom served, your opinion ain’t worth spit. BTW, Several involved faculty were terminated, why all weren’t is simply wrong and a fragrant misdeed of justice while disrespectful of those that were terminated, but A leopards spots never change! 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

34 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the last paragraph is a HEEP of mess. Playing each other is Over! Bledsoe has rarely been consistent scheduling SP, Grundy now refuses to play SP, that 3A program wants to play a typically weak 1a LV, SP is the only school in the valley that has recently scheduled NJ. Perhaps you kinfolkes can schedule NJ. You Jailhouse fellers only interested in attempting to gain support & praying for scheduling Whitwell & SP again. All should understand why both programs have refused to schedule Jasper. Look back to Ken Colquette 1st scheduled game with NJ, due to NJ’s bad behavior Ken never played them again, over ONE bad deed. Don Grider  refused to schedule NJ after they refused to play SP @ home over ONE bad deed after the consolidation. That sounds familiar, Jasper has committed numerous bad dead’s while willingly refused to honor their contract with SP, when they had ample chances to do the right thing, they refused. Scheduling Whitwell sure wasn’t a concern a few years ago and scheduling the Tigers during their most recent heyday was certainly not an option because they would have monkey stomped the Warriors! Time to man up and pay the piper. The falsely publicly blaming SP students for late night art work is sad. There are far more important things than gate money! You kinfolkes should try good sportsmanship, honor, respect, gamesmanship & avoid criminal acts of slander. Amazingly hilarious how you kinfolkes ignore the 25k + lost by Jailhouse high’s refusal to honor ( that is relatively laughable) their contract. OP says the missed concessions surely heavily hampered the SP Band’s ability to function. Venom served, your opinion ain’t worth spit. BTW, Several involved faculty were terminated, why all weren’t is simply wrong and a fragrant misdeed of justice while disrespectful of those that were terminated, but A leopards spots never change! 

OP,  you ain't never gonna get through to them jailhouse folks. 

Never? 

Never ever.

11 hours ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Commenting to say I skip over your gibberish. 

Seem to have struck @OLD PIRATE nerve. Ken scheduled NJ twice, and won both. Lolley didn't like being on the losing side of things, especially to Ken so that was the end of that. 

I know your not a fan of the private schools, but you seem to be holding that nose awful high in the air. What happened with the spray paint stuff has been over, keep beating a dead horse. Anybody that defended that made a public fool of themselves and went into hiding. 

I think your disdain for Tim revolves around the playbook incident and seeing him at MC period. 

I'm not pointing the finger at anybody because I wasn't there in the room when the rival fell apart. But the people involved in that are gone. Those wrongs can be righted with the Wes and Tim meeting in the middle. People like yourself are preventing these kids from getting to play in one of the most tradition rich rivalry games in Tennessee history. 

I'm a fan of the Valley playing each other year in and year out. Just makes too much sense to me financial and logistic wise. I think going away from it has been a mistake. 

Back to the game though, hopefully both teams get out injury free. Should be a good match up. I think the Pirates will edge it out in the end by a score. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 9:21 PM, LethalAttack said:

Why you have a small point about teams needing to challenge themself. It’s hard for 1a and 2a teams to schedule multiple tough  non region opponents due to lack of depth. If you look at Alabama and Georgia 1a/2a you very seldom see many teams scheduling stupid games. Fyffe Alabama is a prime example. Can you imagine how stupid it would look if Fyffe scheduled Hoover Alabama? 

SP has had 1 team in school history that could complete not win compete with Alcoa and that was 07. Alcoa would simply beat every pirate team by 35+ points any given night. 

Bo Haden et al. would disagree with you.  They lost to Alcoa in the 1977 semi-final game 17 - 0.  Lost in the 1979 regular season 23 -6 and 1980 35 - 6.  The 1980 line out weight SP an average of 83 pounds from end to end. SP is 0 - 3 all time against Alcoa.