South Pittsburg vs MTCS (Battle of Unbeatens)

Southtowner

39 minutes ago, rlh said:

Bo Haden et al. would disagree with you.  They lost to Alcoa in the 1977 semi-final game 17 - 0.  Lost in the 1979 regular season 23 -6 and 1980 35 - 6.  The 1980 line out weight SP an average of 83 pounds from end to end. SP is 0 - 3 all time against Alcoa.

Hate to tell ya but alcoa in 70's and 80's wasn't the Alcoa of 2000's lol. Alcoa had less than 30 players on that team in the late 70's. Tornado's have over 80 players now.

1977_alcoa_football.jpg&w=1070&sharp=1,2

Edited by LethalAttack

3 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Seem to have struck @OLD PIRATE nerve. Ken scheduled NJ twice, and won both. Lolley didn't like being on the losing side of things, especially to Ken so that was the end of that. 

I know your not a fan of the private schools, but you seem to be holding that nose awful high in the air. What happened with the spray paint stuff has been over, keep beating a dead horse. Anybody that defended that made a public fool of themselves and went into hiding. 

I think your disdain for Tim revolves around the playbook incident and seeing him at MC period. 

I'm not pointing the finger at anybody because I wasn't there in the room when the rival fell apart. But the people involved in that are gone. Those wrongs can be righted with the Wes and Tim meeting in the middle. People like yourself are preventing these kids from getting to play in one of the most tradition rich rivalry games in Tennessee history. 

I'm a fan of the Valley playing each other year in and year out. Just makes too much sense to me financial and logistic wise. I think going away from it has been a mistake. 

Back to the game though, hopefully both teams get out injury free. Should be a good match up. I think the Pirates will edge it out in the end by a score. 

LOPAO, Old Pirate was a fan of the Valley playing each other. That reference is long gone as pointed out previously. You kinfolkes repeatedly have done it to yourself. Would Ken or Don have tolerated all the miss deads Jasper has perpetuated. These is a resounding, hail No. Whitwell not playing Jasper ain’t got a nary thing to do art work, playbook. Figure them Whitwell folkes have an argument, theys much smarter and are faster learners than SP folkes! Dad Burnit, that statement is a right smart disturbing to OP and should to others. Who broke the streak, why did they break the streak, did members laugh & brag about their plan to cancel late, why did Jasper not schedule Whitwell during their heyday, The questions are simple, was Ken or Don overly concerned with your described selfish concerns? The reason Jasper is not playing north & south neighbors is solely self inflicted. You statement regarding the the possibility about meeting in the middle is one sided. Jasper is the perpetrator of the mess over a long period of time, prior to any existing coach at the 3 programs. Whitwell has their own reasons & are clear as day. You repeatedly make reference to SP, when the divide is greater. This clearly shows your true intent & why you post this mess on this tread. There comes a time fer accountability. BTW, talk about depriving the kids, who reportedly plans to stop all sport participation? A leopard’s spots Never,Ever change! You Jasper kinfolkes are full of mess. Pay the Piper & move on. Good luck to the young men forced to represent Jasper.                   GO PIRATES, go get the 1 point needed to defend the PITT. Safe travels to MTCS fans. Hopeful for a spectacular display sportsmanship & gamesmanship. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

Seem to have struck @OLD PIRATE nerve. Ken scheduled NJ twice, and won both. Lolley didn't like being on the losing side of things, especially to Ken so that was the end of that. 

I'm not pointing the finger at anybody because I wasn't there in the room when the rival fell apart. But the people involved in that are gone. Those wrongs can be righted with the Wes and Tim meeting in the middle. People like yourself are preventing these kids from playing 

Old Pirate says dissect this mess!        Well help my time, OP overlooked, Ken played NJ 2 Times, Not 1 time, swore to never play them again after their 1 misread! LOPAO                                        The 1st sentence of the 2 paragraph is a straight out misrepresentation/lie. Last line is proof. 2nd part of 1st sentence is totally confusing. (Wasn’t in room, who is involved in decision so important? Administration representatives & team representatives ( diagnosing needed), later statement claim all gone? Obviously not correct!                                                        GO PIRATES/ GO WAR EAGLES                        Hopeful all youngons come thru injury free. 

2 hours ago, rlh said:

Bo Haden et al. would disagree with you.  They lost to Alcoa in the 1977 semi-final game 17 - 0.  Lost in the 1979 regular season 23 -6 and 1980 35 - 6.  The 1980 line out weight SP an average of 83 pounds from end to end. SP is 0 - 3 all time against Alcoa.

Good forgotten information 

Edited by OLD PIRATE

2 hours ago, oldfaithful said:

I know your not a fan of the private schools, but you seem to be holding that nose awful high in the air. What happened with the spray paint stuff has been over, keep beating a dead horse. Anybody that defended that made a public fool of themselves and went into hiding. 

I think your disdain for Tim revolves around the playbook incident and seeing him at MC period. 

I'm not pointing the finger at anybody because I wasn't there in the room when the rival fell apart. But the people involved in that are gone. Those wrongs can be righted with the Wes and Tim meeting in the middle. People like yourself are preventing these kids from getting to play in one of the most tradition rich rivalry games in Tennessee history. 

I'm a fan of the Valley playing each other year in and year out. Just makes too much sense to me financial and logistic wise. I think going away from it has been a mistake. 

Back to the game though, hopefully both teams get out injury free. Should be a good match up. I think the Pirates will edge it out in the end by a score. 

Definitely struck a nerve

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rlh said:

The biggest issue with the SP - Jasper rivalry getting rescheduled is Jasper people putting Coach McKrylon's bagman McBurglar in at head coach.  He never apologized to the cheerleaders publicly for getting them interrogated by police by the frame job perpetrated by him.  There will have to be a coaching change in order to protect the kids imho.  I hated to see the game not played, but given the last dust up, cooling it off for a few years is the way to go.

LOPWOAO, Dad Burnit Youngon, speak you mind. Old Pirate says ain’t jest 1 miss deed, but a HEEP and certainly Jailhouse folkes is an enabler of bad deeds as proved in your post!  YepReconSo. Yous Post is Rated *****     OP ain’t jest joking neither!           GO PIRATES, The Speedway will be standing room only, best get there early. 

Edited by OLD PIRATE